It would appear that with all of the unexcused — and inexcusable — activities which have been participated in by several of our federal government agencies, of which several really stretch constitutional limits, such as "Fast and Furious," the inexcusable tragedy in Benghazi, the spying on all of us and the government snooping on James Rosen of the press, plus the collection of millions of emails and phone calls by the NSA, all in the name of security from "terrorism," someone, in a timely fashion, said that we are approaching the situation described in the story "1984." It appears that "Big Brother" really is watching us.
Obama is quoted as saying something to the effect that "If the people don't trust the government, we have a problem." And, yes sir, we do have a problem, because there are a whole lot of us who do not trust our current government.
- Jay Evensen: Why the pioneers give us hope today
- In our opinion: Disgusting algae bloom...
- Michael Gerson: The triumph of cynicism
- My view: Algae blooms in Utah Lake
- My view: Prison reform proponents have it...
- Arthur Cyr: Coup attempt underscores...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Shurtleff,...
- Letter: Carbon fee legislation
- In our opinion: The GOP convention... 32
- Letter: Carbon fee legislation 29
- My view: Supporting Utah's public... 26
- Michael Gerson: The triumph of cynicism 23
- My view: More whites should practice... 21
- My view: Algae blooms in Utah Lake 16
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day 15
- Letter: Vote Gary Johnson 14