Recipe for a 31.5 percent property tax increase: 1. Propose 47 percent increase. 2. Hold public hearing. 3. Mayor reduces increase to 39.5 percent prior to public comments. 4. Don't listen to public outcry. 5. Council chair asks for budget requiring only 26-29 percent increase. 6. Administration presents 25.6 percent increase, mostly cutting items from budget they know the council will want back in. 7. Adopt budget with 31.5 percent increase. At least now we won't be burdened by being the lowest-taxed city in the state.
Israel M. Grossman
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have voted for
- In our opinion: Airport expansion reflects...
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious...
- The complicated political views of...
- In our opinion: History will remember our...
- 3 modern Utah heroes who exemplify pioneer...
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and the...
- Letter: Breeding hate
- In our opinion: U.S. Supreme Court... 104
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have... 59
- Letter: Gun control 57
- My view: Amnesty towards border... 55
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious... 47
- In our opinion: History will remember... 46
- Letter: Society values 45
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and... 38