Recipe for a 31.5 percent property tax increase: 1. Propose 47 percent increase. 2. Hold public hearing. 3. Mayor reduces increase to 39.5 percent prior to public comments. 4. Don't listen to public outcry. 5. Council chair asks for budget requiring only 26-29 percent increase. 6. Administration presents 25.6 percent increase, mostly cutting items from budget they know the council will want back in. 7. Adopt budget with 31.5 percent increase. At least now we won't be burdened by being the lowest-taxed city in the state.
Israel M. Grossman
- In our opinion: Tragedy in Aleppo should...
- My view: Waste, fraud in education hammering...
- Richard Davis: Who needs to go to the bathroom
- Jay Evensen: Like it or not, politics and...
- Letter: Where's the action?
- Letter: BYU in a conference?
- Jay Evensen: Utah's election is clear as mud
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter moment:...
- My view: A de-sexed society is a... 68
- Orrin Hatch: My meeting with Supreme... 45
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter... 43
- Richard Davis: Who needs to go to the... 37
- Jay Evensen: Like it or not, politics... 22
- In our opinion: Not all economic... 20
- Letter: Trump's delegate count 19
- Letter: Where's the action? 17