Recipe for a 31.5 percent property tax increase: 1. Propose 47 percent increase. 2. Hold public hearing. 3. Mayor reduces increase to 39.5 percent prior to public comments. 4. Don't listen to public outcry. 5. Council chair asks for budget requiring only 26-29 percent increase. 6. Administration presents 25.6 percent increase, mostly cutting items from budget they know the council will want back in. 7. Adopt budget with 31.5 percent increase. At least now we won't be burdened by being the lowest-taxed city in the state.
Israel M. Grossman
- Doug Robinson: Violence against women is...
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act needs...
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'?
- Join the discussion: Is feminism misunderstood?
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- The relationship between religiosity and...
- My view: Powdr Corp and Park City Mountain...
- Improving voter turnout still a tough nut to...
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 114
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act... 74
- My view: Balancing personal conviction... 53
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 51
- Letter: Policy disagreement 45
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'? 39
- My view: A global warming solution to... 36
- In our opinion: Use market forces and... 35