Recipe for a 31.5 percent property tax increase: 1. Propose 47 percent increase. 2. Hold public hearing. 3. Mayor reduces increase to 39.5 percent prior to public comments. 4. Don't listen to public outcry. 5. Council chair asks for budget requiring only 26-29 percent increase. 6. Administration presents 25.6 percent increase, mostly cutting items from budget they know the council will want back in. 7. Adopt budget with 31.5 percent increase. At least now we won't be burdened by being the lowest-taxed city in the state.
Israel M. Grossman
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Shurtleff,...
- Jay's Jokes: Trump's true identity is Batman
- In our opinion: Utah's unique response to the...
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day
- Ralph Becker: Reaching for the best of the...
- George F. Will: Adding Pence the pliable to...
- My view: Supporting Utah's public education...
- Charles Krauthammer: Notes from Cleveland:...
- Richard Davis: What will Americans... 38
- My view: Supporting Utah's public... 36
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift... 34
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day 30
- Letter: Acting presidential 26
- Letter: Cruz took a stand 25
- My view: Reform coal leasing policies... 22
- My view: Drafting women a threat to... 17