Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
I have been a resident of Kearns, zip code 84118, for over 37 years. We voted on how we wanted to be designated years ago. The majority voted for township. We are not part of West Valley City and do not want to be. Just because Mayor Mike Winder wants to absorb our community dosen't mean we want to be absorbed. West Valley, Taylorsville and West Jordan have been trying to absorb us for years. Just leave us be, We like being Kearns Township — or "Salt Lake City."
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: National security and the...
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms of...
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment delusion
- My view: They run toward danger
- Jay Evensen: On Second Thought: The 1 percent...
- Is it time for our first woman president?
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps us strong
- Medicare Advantage
- In our opinion: National security and... 66
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 43
- Letter: Hillary and FOIA 18
- Letter: No labels in 2016? 17
- In our opinion: The lesson of... 17
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment... 16
- Arthur Cyr: US presidential politics... 13