Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
I have been a resident of Kearns, zip code 84118, for over 37 years. We voted on how we wanted to be designated years ago. The majority voted for township. We are not part of West Valley City and do not want to be. Just because Mayor Mike Winder wants to absorb our community dosen't mean we want to be absorbed. West Valley, Taylorsville and West Jordan have been trying to absorb us for years. Just leave us be, We like being Kearns Township — or "Salt Lake City."
Salt Lake City
- Join the discussion: Is feminism misunderstood?
- Dan Liljenquist: The economic impact of...
- In our opinion: Timing is right for the...
- In our opinion: Federal contracting executive...
- My view: Utah's Constitution requires state...
- Perceptions of Obama and his policies at home...
- Capitalism and the common good: Fairness,...
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'?
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 114
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act... 79
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 51
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'? 47
- Join the discussion: Is feminism... 38
- Capitalism and the common good:... 37
- My view: A global warming solution to... 36
- In our opinion: Timing is right for the... 36