Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
I have been a resident of Kearns, zip code 84118, for over 37 years. We voted on how we wanted to be designated years ago. The majority voted for township. We are not part of West Valley City and do not want to be. Just because Mayor Mike Winder wants to absorb our community dosen't mean we want to be absorbed. West Valley, Taylorsville and West Jordan have been trying to absorb us for years. Just leave us be, We like being Kearns Township — or "Salt Lake City."
Salt Lake City
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a liberal?
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation that...
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that canceled...
- Anne Loeser: Reverse trends about breast cancer
- In our opinion: Dropouts face high risk of...
- My view: New treatment can cure Hepatitis C
- Letter: The Romneys' new center
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 150
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a... 69
- In our opinion: Where has the family... 53
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation... 38
- Letter: What is ‘common good?’ 31
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 29
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell 28
- Letter: Uninformed candidate 27