Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
I have been a resident of Kearns, zip code 84118, for over 37 years. We voted on how we wanted to be designated years ago. The majority voted for township. We are not part of West Valley City and do not want to be. Just because Mayor Mike Winder wants to absorb our community dosen't mean we want to be absorbed. West Valley, Taylorsville and West Jordan have been trying to absorb us for years. Just leave us be, We like being Kearns Township — or "Salt Lake City."
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet
- In our opinion: Par for the president
- Letter: Our great nation?
- Americans are changing their tune on foreign...
- Get the names right — or suffer...
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to inversion is...
- Letter: Attention diverted
- Why religious organizations should be...
- School fees: Is Utah really family... 49
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet 44
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse... 43
- Richard Davis: The State Board can do... 42
- Constitutional commitments trump tribal... 35
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to... 35
- Join the discussion: Is Common Core... 32
- Letter: Society puzzles 32