Thanassis Stavrakis, File, Associated Press
The park that was the center of defiance against the rule of Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan has been cleared by riot police after more than two weeks of protests. As thousands of demonstrators try to regroup in Taksim Square, smaller skirmishes between police and protesters have broken out in other parts of Istanbul.
Here's a gallery of images from the past two weeks of protests and pushback in Turkey.
Follow AP photographers and photo editors on Twitter: http://apne.ws/15Oo6jo
- Farm owners fined for refusing to host a...
- Romney casts Arkansas race as way to fight Obama
- US diplomats barred from ice bucket challenge
- A tough label to chew on: What does...
- Twitter tries to block images of James Foley...
- Federal judge: Florida gay-marriage ban...
- Obama vows justice for killers of U.S....
- Israeli airstrike kills 3 senior Hamas leaders
- Farm owners fined for refusing to host... 108
- 'Don't know' if Missouri teen shot with... 26
- Obama vows justice for killers of U.S.... 26
- Police, protesters collide again in... 25
- Texas Gov. Perry assembles high-powered... 23
- Allow student loan bankruptcies,... 17
- Emerging solar plants scorch birds in... 14
- Another American hostage at risk by... 12