Thanassis Stavrakis, File, Associated Press
The park that was the center of defiance against the rule of Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan has been cleared by riot police after more than two weeks of protests. As thousands of demonstrators try to regroup in Taksim Square, smaller skirmishes between police and protesters have broken out in other parts of Istanbul.
Here's a gallery of images from the past two weeks of protests and pushback in Turkey.
Follow AP photographers and photo editors on Twitter: http://apne.ws/15Oo6jo
- Texas' Perry says disparaging tweet unauthorized
- 'Guardians' stays atop cinemas amid worst...
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Common Core,...
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh Hewitt...
- Feds eye stricter rules for railroad rights...
- 5 takeaways from a punch-less summer box office
- Lawmakers: Islamic State groups wants to hit US
- US trained Alaskans as secret 'stay-behind...
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh... 39
- 10 things to know about corporate... 32
- Obama tamps down prospect of strikes in... 16
- House, Senate intel chiefs press White... 16
- Saudi king says terrorists will reach... 13
- It's about time the government... 12
- Freelancers and millennials help usher... 11
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Common... 11