Thanassis Stavrakis, File, Associated Press
The park that was the center of defiance against the rule of Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan has been cleared by riot police after more than two weeks of protests. As thousands of demonstrators try to regroup in Taksim Square, smaller skirmishes between police and protesters have broken out in other parts of Istanbul.
Here's a gallery of images from the past two weeks of protests and pushback in Turkey.
Follow AP photographers and photo editors on Twitter: http://apne.ws/15Oo6jo
- Poll: Two-thirds of US would struggle to...
- US home sales growth driven mostly by Midwest
- Pentagon: US airstrike targets Taliban leader...
- Top US commander makes secret visit to Syria
- Smoke, cockpit woes signal chaotic finale for...
- Exaggerator finally beats Nyquist, wins...
- DeRozan, Raptors end Cavaliers' streak with...
- 2 Indian climbers missing on Mount Everest...
- Anti-Trump protests turn violent... 45
- Clinton calls Trump's gun policies... 38
- Clinton faulted on emails by State... 36
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 26
- Obama: World leaders rightfully... 23
- Q&A: Is the 'math myth' holding back... 19
- If Hillary becomes president, will she... 19
- Trump reaches the magic number to... 18