Thanassis Stavrakis, File, Associated Press
The park that was the center of defiance against the rule of Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan has been cleared by riot police after more than two weeks of protests. As thousands of demonstrators try to regroup in Taksim Square, smaller skirmishes between police and protesters have broken out in other parts of Istanbul.
Here's a gallery of images from the past two weeks of protests and pushback in Turkey.
Follow AP photographers and photo editors on Twitter: http://apne.ws/15Oo6jo
- President Obama: Ebola outbreak a threat to...
- Striking or spanking a child is not a...
- Trial opens for Detroit officer who killed...
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving door...
- Yellen says US families need to boost savings
- PepsiCo latest sponsor to voice NFL concern
- Here's why church choirs are dying
- Ex-VA doctor: Phoenix report a 'whitewash'
- US wealth gap putting the squeeze on... 27
- Striking or spanking a child is not a... 19
- President Obama: Ebola outbreak a... 14
- Utah's Gov. Gary Herbert eyes more... 12
- Chicago, NY, Hawaii on Obama library's... 12
- School police stock up on free military... 11
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 9
- US won't rule out working with Iran... 7