AP, Photo by Jon Furniss/Invision
"Man of Steel" leaped over box office expectations in a single weekend.
The Warner Bros. superhero film earned $113 million in its opening weekend at the box office, according to studio estimates Sunday.
The Superman tale starring Henry Cavill and Amy Adams earned an additional $12 million from Thursday screenings, bringing its total to $125 million. Original expectations for the film ranged from $75 million to $130 million.
Sony's "This Is the End" opened in second place with $20.5 million in its opening weekend. The apocalyptic comedy starring Seth Rogen and James Franco opened Wednesday, banking a total of $32.8 million.
In its third weekend, "Now You See Me" earned $10 million in third place, bringing its total to $80 million.
- Condoleezza Rice and Jenny Oaks Baker release...
- UTubers: Lexi Walker sings 'America the...
- Brooke Romney: Why we are taking the fun out...
- Beat the heat: 33 free splash pads in Utah
- Where are all the good Fourth of July movies?
- An 'all-American tradition': Fourth of July...
- 185-acre wildfire continues to burn near Scipio
- 4 ways to guarantee your kids will have a...
- When Satan steals your motherhood 88
- Richard Davis: Time to fix Obamacare... 29
- Behind the rapid shift in public... 26
- In our opinion: Declaration of... 21
- After court ruling, Obama says more to... 11
- Does Shakespeare still have a place in... 10
- Condoleezza Rice and Jenny Oaks Baker... 8
- 'It's San Diego vs. everyone else' in... 5