Tom Smart, Deseret News
I'm afraid there are really some people around that believe security will always be there to protect us and that smart security people don't need to watch constantly and plan continually to keep us safe the very best way they can figure it out. Now, I feel more afraid since the airlines announced they are no longer using the security search cameras and relaxing on other things also. If someone had enough imagination to see too much in the security pictures then that's their problem.
With the world being so very violent and getting worse in terrorism and so many more destroying acts — and I don't think they'll get any nicer — I do think they are waiting for us to relax. So I say, go forward, smart defenders, and find more successful things for our safety. I think we have far too many protesters that don't seem to know how to do anything but protest.
Beatrice J. White
Salt Lake City
- John Florez: The key to El Paso is understanding
- Robert J. Samuelson: Why tax reform is doomed
- Letter: Constitutional republic
- My view: New labor rule may harm Utah's...
- Kathleen Parker: Karma tastes rich in new,...
- In our opinion: Utah proud to be cutting edge...
- In our opinion: Troops in Syria makes sense
- My view: Convention equality for those in...
- In our opinion: People desire fair,... 49
- In our opinion: The public health... 39
- Letter: Constitutional republic 29
- Letter: Utah GOP divided 28
- Richard Davis: Medical marijuana issue... 24
- My view: New labor rule may harm Utah's... 23
- Letter: Respect the governor 21
- Robert J. Samuelson: Why tax reform is... 19