Tom Smart, Deseret News
I'm afraid there are really some people around that believe security will always be there to protect us and that smart security people don't need to watch constantly and plan continually to keep us safe the very best way they can figure it out. Now, I feel more afraid since the airlines announced they are no longer using the security search cameras and relaxing on other things also. If someone had enough imagination to see too much in the security pictures then that's their problem.
With the world being so very violent and getting worse in terrorism and so many more destroying acts — and I don't think they'll get any nicer — I do think they are waiting for us to relax. So I say, go forward, smart defenders, and find more successful things for our safety. I think we have far too many protesters that don't seem to know how to do anything but protest.
Beatrice J. White
Salt Lake City
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test?
- In our opinion: How committed are Obama, U.S....
- 19 songs to consider as replacements for the...
- Charles Krauthammer: The jihadi logic
- John Florez: Utah public education is a house...
- W. Bradford Wilcox: The new progressive...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Are...
- Catherine Rampell: Have America's public...
- My view: Utah, where do you stand on... 93
- Ralph Hancock: Society cannot... 76
- Letter: Bush dilemma 2.0 37
- George F. Will: Obama needs Congress to... 27
- Richard Davis: Scots — Be brave,... 25
- In our opinion: Accountability,... 25
- My view: Intergenerational poverty the... 19
- Mary Barker: Religion and politics... 17