Tom Smart, Deseret News
I'm afraid there are really some people around that believe security will always be there to protect us and that smart security people don't need to watch constantly and plan continually to keep us safe the very best way they can figure it out. Now, I feel more afraid since the airlines announced they are no longer using the security search cameras and relaxing on other things also. If someone had enough imagination to see too much in the security pictures then that's their problem.
With the world being so very violent and getting worse in terrorism and so many more destroying acts — and I don't think they'll get any nicer — I do think they are waiting for us to relax. So I say, go forward, smart defenders, and find more successful things for our safety. I think we have far too many protesters that don't seem to know how to do anything but protest.
Beatrice J. White
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: Marriage definition on...
- Drew Clark: Can the Supreme Court find...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: We can't help...
- Letter: Climate change is unjustified rhetoric
- Peter Corroon: Generalizations about liberals...
- Letter: We can do better
- In our opinion: Navajo Nation looks to combat...
- Jay Evensen: U.S. silence troubling amid...
- Richard Davis: A historic moment for... 60
- Jay Evensen: U.S. silence troubling... 59
- In our opinion: Marriage definition on... 44
- Letter: Climate change is unjustified... 37
- A. Scott Anderson: Overregulation hurts... 26
- Letter: We can do better 26
- Letter: Pledge for respect 24
- In our opinion: Recent drowning of 800... 22