Tom Smart, Deseret News
I'm afraid there are really some people around that believe security will always be there to protect us and that smart security people don't need to watch constantly and plan continually to keep us safe the very best way they can figure it out. Now, I feel more afraid since the airlines announced they are no longer using the security search cameras and relaxing on other things also. If someone had enough imagination to see too much in the security pictures then that's their problem.
With the world being so very violent and getting worse in terrorism and so many more destroying acts — and I don't think they'll get any nicer — I do think they are waiting for us to relax. So I say, go forward, smart defenders, and find more successful things for our safety. I think we have far too many protesters that don't seem to know how to do anything but protest.
Beatrice J. White
Salt Lake City
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- My view: Non-discrimination laws have a problem
- President should not act without...
- In our opinion: No more 'Government Motors'
- Richard Davis: Mandela's greatest achievement...
- Matthew Sanders: Nelson Mandela's goodness...
- Doug Robinson: We are in the midst of an era...
- Letter: American billionaires
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 65
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 61
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 43
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not... 39
- Can Mandela's legacy revive the GOP? 30
- In our opinion: No more 'Government... 29
- President should not act without... 26
- My view: Non-discrimination laws have a... 25