Tom Smart, Deseret News
I'm afraid there are really some people around that believe security will always be there to protect us and that smart security people don't need to watch constantly and plan continually to keep us safe the very best way they can figure it out. Now, I feel more afraid since the airlines announced they are no longer using the security search cameras and relaxing on other things also. If someone had enough imagination to see too much in the security pictures then that's their problem.
With the world being so very violent and getting worse in terrorism and so many more destroying acts — and I don't think they'll get any nicer — I do think they are waiting for us to relax. So I say, go forward, smart defenders, and find more successful things for our safety. I think we have far too many protesters that don't seem to know how to do anything but protest.
Beatrice J. White
Salt Lake City
- My view: hippies, 2 Hell's Angels, one...
- Jay Evensen: On Second Thought: The 1 percent...
- Is it time for our first woman president?
- Radon, the unrecognized killer
- Government works best when it's not on autopilot
- In our opinion: National security and the...
- H. David Burton: Calling on local leaders to...
- Drew Clark: Why Utah's thriving technology...
- Is it time for our first woman president? 53
- Letter: Hillary and FOIA 18
- Letter: No labels in 2016? 17
- In our opinion: The lesson of... 16
- Arthur Cyr: US presidential politics... 13
- John Florez: Businesses should help pay... 10
- Radon, the unrecognized killer 10
- In our opinion: Legislators need to... 9