Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. — Colorado Springs earned a split of the four game series, as the Sky Sox edged the Salt Lake Bees 5-4 on Thursday night.
Down 5-1 in the eighth, Salt Lake loaded the bases with one out when Kole Calhoun was hit by a pitch, Tommy Field doubled and Luke Carlin walked. Luis Rodriguez drove in two runs with a single to center, but the Bees left the bases loaded.
In the ninth, Trent Oeltjen delivered an RBI single to pull the Bees to within one, but with runners at first and second, Carlin got caught in a run down after a pitch in the dirt to end the game.
Matt Shoemaker (5-9) took the loss, as he went 7 1/3 innings and allowed five runs on nine hits with six strikeouts and no walks.
The bottom third of the batting order came through for the Bees in the game, Oeltjen, Carlin and Rodriguez each had a pair of hits with Rodriguez driving in two runs, while Oeltjen and Carlin had one RBI each.
- Despite the loss, Savannah State coach...
- Jimmer Fredette trying to keep his head up as...
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get washed away...
- Utes drop out of national rankings following...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Brad Rock: Arizona teaches Utes about waiting
- Local flavor in the NBA: Lillard continues to...
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get... 143
- BYU's Hill plans to return for senior... 116
- UHSAA's Board of Trustees assigns high... 38
- Utes drop out of national rankings... 37
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0 36
- For BYU, it's not about opponent... 31
- Despite the loss, Savannah State coach... 23
- Freshman Jake Toolson leads Cougars... 21