Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. — Colorado Springs earned a split of the four game series, as the Sky Sox edged the Salt Lake Bees 5-4 on Thursday night.
Down 5-1 in the eighth, Salt Lake loaded the bases with one out when Kole Calhoun was hit by a pitch, Tommy Field doubled and Luke Carlin walked. Luis Rodriguez drove in two runs with a single to center, but the Bees left the bases loaded.
In the ninth, Trent Oeltjen delivered an RBI single to pull the Bees to within one, but with runners at first and second, Carlin got caught in a run down after a pitch in the dirt to end the game.
Matt Shoemaker (5-9) took the loss, as he went 7 1/3 innings and allowed five runs on nine hits with six strikeouts and no walks.
The bottom third of the batting order came through for the Bees in the game, Oeltjen, Carlin and Rodriguez each had a pair of hits with Rodriguez driving in two runs, while Oeltjen and Carlin had one RBI each.
- The 16 most interesting college lists...
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain Covey's...
- Faith and family are driving forces for LDS...
- 2015 BYU Commits
- 2015 Utah Football Commits
- Dick Harmon: College football recruiters are...
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- Best in class: Breaking down the recruiting...
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 79
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 35
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35