Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
Sen. Mike Lee's website indicates he is opposed to the wholesale metadata mining by Internet and phone companies and views it as a violation of the Constitution and was unaware it was going on. Sen. Orrin Hatch's website is silent on the issue. When I called his office Tuesday, one of his staffers said Sen. Hatch was studying the issue to see if the NSA exceeded its mandate, i.e. Sen. Hatch knew it was going on to some extent.
I am very sorry that Sen. Hatch seems to think he is so much smarter than his constituents that he can authorize constitutional violations for our own good. Leaders who think they are much, much smarter than their followers are dangerous to our liberty.
- From GOP convention to Pokemon Bernie: Last...
- In our opinion: Disgusting algae bloom...
- Michael Gerson: The triumph of cynicism
- My view: Algae blooms in Utah Lake
- My view: Prison reform proponents have it...
- Arthur Cyr: Coup attempt underscores...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Shurtleff,...
- Letter: Carbon fee legislation
- In our opinion: The GOP convention... 32
- My view: Supporting Utah's public... 31
- Letter: Carbon fee legislation 29
- Michael Gerson: The triumph of cynicism 23
- My view: More whites should practice... 22
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day 19
- My view: Algae blooms in Utah Lake 16
- Letter: Vote Gary Johnson 15