Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
Sen. Mike Lee's website indicates he is opposed to the wholesale metadata mining by Internet and phone companies and views it as a violation of the Constitution and was unaware it was going on. Sen. Orrin Hatch's website is silent on the issue. When I called his office Tuesday, one of his staffers said Sen. Hatch was studying the issue to see if the NSA exceeded its mandate, i.e. Sen. Hatch knew it was going on to some extent.
I am very sorry that Sen. Hatch seems to think he is so much smarter than his constituents that he can authorize constitutional violations for our own good. Leaders who think they are much, much smarter than their followers are dangerous to our liberty.
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner chasing...
- Jay Evensen: Utah's prosperity is threatened...
- Letter: Marijuana, an evil plant
- My view: Prison relocation study is being...
- Richard Davis: Another conflict of interest...
- Letter: Divorce risks
- David Jensen: Humans are responsible for...
- Hinkins & King: No losers in Utah’s...
- Letter: Marijuana, an evil plant 46
- David Jensen: Humans are responsible... 25
- My view: Prison relocation study is... 23
- Jay Evensen: Utah's prosperity is... 22
- Letter: A constant example 21
- Letter: Keep fighting drugs 19
- My view: Higher ed students can better... 18
- Derek B. Miller: Politics may end up... 17