J. Scott Applewhite, ASSOCIATED PRESS
After reading Richard Burt's letter and listening to numerous liberals and Obama supporters try to spin the issue of the IRS scandal, I think we need a reminder of what this is about ("Congress' hypocrisy," June 10). Whether or not the groups should have received the coveted 501c4 status is aside from the point. Instead of simply denying their requests, the IRS decided to commit a full interrogation of these groups. They asked questions that are completely inappropriate of a government agency to ask.
Along with the implications of the tax enforcement agency engaging in political profiling, Sen. Mike Lee and Congress are well within their right to take the IRS and whoever else was engaged in this scandal to task.
- 16 of the most heart warming and feel-good...
- In our opinion: It's time to end the federal...
- Mike Lee: Tax reform shouldn't penalize...
- In our opinion: Fairness for all in religious...
- In our opinion: Disney outbreak sends a...
- Robert Bennett: Obama's State of the Union...
- Letter: Could Draper shine, too?
- Letter: First-class prison
- In our opinion: It's time to end the... 37
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules... 35
- In our opinion: Disney outbreak sends a... 33
- Robert Bennett: Obama's State of the... 30
- Letter: Prison nonsense 28
- Ron Clegg: Primary seat belt law will... 21
- Letter: Pay for your share 21
- Letter: Peanut butter ban? 21