I used to think the Patriot Act and warrantless wiretapping were good ideas, but in light of the massive abuses of power such as wiretapping of innocents' cellular phone conversations, Internet surveillance and spying on the press, I have changed my mind. Our trust has been violated. And I now realize the sad truth that we will never win the war on terrorism, nor will we ever lose.
The terrorists lack popular support and material resources to ever conquer us, and as long as there are extremist ideologies there will always be extremist militants. It therefore makes no sense to meanwhile lay down our civil rights because we will never get them back. It is time we stand shoulder to shoulder and demand our rightful personal liberties back and say no to the surveillance state.
- There are no Frodos without Sams: The reality...
- My view: Eliminating the root cause of bullying
- In our opinion: In an entrepreneurial...
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the long...
- Letter: Amnesty for who?
- In our opinion: FDA must consider regulating...
- Brad Stine: Words created everything, so we...
- Letter: Medicare Advantage costs
- Letter: Socialism, like salt 49
- There are no Frodos without Sams: The... 43
- Letter: Disagreement vs. hate 42
- George F. Will: Understanding our... 41
- In our opinion: An immigration opportunity 35
- My view: Immigration reform just makes... 33
- My view: Eliminating the root cause of... 27
- Robert J. Samuelson: Long-term... 26