I used to think the Patriot Act and warrantless wiretapping were good ideas, but in light of the massive abuses of power such as wiretapping of innocents' cellular phone conversations, Internet surveillance and spying on the press, I have changed my mind. Our trust has been violated. And I now realize the sad truth that we will never win the war on terrorism, nor will we ever lose.
The terrorists lack popular support and material resources to ever conquer us, and as long as there are extremist ideologies there will always be extremist militants. It therefore makes no sense to meanwhile lay down our civil rights because we will never get them back. It is time we stand shoulder to shoulder and demand our rightful personal liberties back and say no to the surveillance state.
- Letter: Eroding the BSA
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument in...
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood scandal...
- In our opinion: Time to phase out federal...
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to help...
- Letter: Envision Utah scam
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to end...
- My view: Utah leaders, don't let EPA fool you...
- In our opinion: Trump's statements on... 70
- Letter: Eroding the BSA 51
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument... 46
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to... 42
- Letter: Human body 41
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood... 37
- In our opinion: Time to phase out... 25
- In our opinion: School libraries need... 19