I used to think the Patriot Act and warrantless wiretapping were good ideas, but in light of the massive abuses of power such as wiretapping of innocents' cellular phone conversations, Internet surveillance and spying on the press, I have changed my mind. Our trust has been violated. And I now realize the sad truth that we will never win the war on terrorism, nor will we ever lose.
The terrorists lack popular support and material resources to ever conquer us, and as long as there are extremist ideologies there will always be extremist militants. It therefore makes no sense to meanwhile lay down our civil rights because we will never get them back. It is time we stand shoulder to shoulder and demand our rightful personal liberties back and say no to the surveillance state.
- From GOP convention to Pokemon Bernie: Last...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Shurtleff,...
- Jay's Jokes: Trump's true identity is Batman
- In our opinion: Utah's unique response to the...
- In our opinion: The GOP convention — a...
- John Florez: Justice delayed is justice denied
- My view: More whites should practice meekness...
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day
- My view: Supporting Utah's public... 36
- In our opinion: The GOP convention... 32
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift... 31
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day 28
- My view: More whites should practice... 23
- My view: Reform coal leasing policies... 22
- Richard Davis: What will Americans... 17
- Letter: Vote Gary Johnson 16