Denis Poroy, Associated Press
SAN DIEGO — Manti Te'o is just one of the guys.
He's confident he can be a three-down linebacker in the NFL.
It takes some serious leverage to play against tight end Antonio Gates.
Being drafted by the San Diego Chargers has put the former Notre Dame star in a "perfect place."
Oh, and Te'o and some friends "just chilled and had a good time" last month in Hollywood at a party hosted by Maxim magazine, which included Te'o's fake girlfriend on its list of the world's 100 hottest women.
Te'o spoke with reporters for the first time in more than a month Tuesday as the Chargers opened minicamp.
The questions about football outnumbered the ones about him being at the center of a hoax involving the fake girlfriend.
- The 1990 NBA draft redone: See how a pair of...
- Utahns in baseball: BYU alum Adam Law breaks...
- Amy Donaldson: It's easy for this working...
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback Austin...
- Prep sports: All-Sports awards feature 2...
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting niche
- Utah Jazz: Terry Rozier’s toughness...
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up...
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 45
- Links: BYU gets a new commitment; Utes... 43
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 40
- BYU basketball: NBA draft insiders... 31
- BYU football signs New Zealand rugby... 24
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 16
- Morning links: SI features Frank... 11
- Live streams: 5A & 4A state baseball... 7