Denis Poroy, Associated Press
SAN DIEGO — Manti Te'o is just one of the guys.
He's confident he can be a three-down linebacker in the NFL.
It takes some serious leverage to play against tight end Antonio Gates.
Being drafted by the San Diego Chargers has put the former Notre Dame star in a "perfect place."
Oh, and Te'o and some friends "just chilled and had a good time" last month in Hollywood at a party hosted by Maxim magazine, which included Te'o's fake girlfriend on its list of the world's 100 hottest women.
Te'o spoke with reporters for the first time in more than a month Tuesday as the Chargers opened minicamp.
The questions about football outnumbered the ones about him being at the center of a hoax involving the fake girlfriend.
- James and Cavaliers win thrilling NBA Finals...
- The End: Cleveland rocks as title drought...
- Warriors cap greatest Finals collapse with...
- LeBron James wins NBA Finals MVP for 3rd time
- NBC to unveil new theme song for 'Sunday...
- From Ben Simmons down, international players...
- Facing Argentina, Messi in Copa semis not...
- WNBA undefeated: Lynx host Sparks for 20th...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- BYU football receives commitment from... 62
- Utah football to host Weber State in 2021 41
- Kyle Whittingham says Utah Utes... 37
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- James and Cavaliers win thrilling NBA... 28
- Jakob Poeltl to the Utah Jazz? It's... 25
- Morning links: Warriors feel Andrew... 22