Denis Poroy, Associated Press
SAN DIEGO — Manti Te'o is just one of the guys.
He's confident he can be a three-down linebacker in the NFL.
It takes some serious leverage to play against tight end Antonio Gates.
Being drafted by the San Diego Chargers has put the former Notre Dame star in a "perfect place."
Oh, and Te'o and some friends "just chilled and had a good time" last month in Hollywood at a party hosted by Maxim magazine, which included Te'o's fake girlfriend on its list of the world's 100 hottest women.
Te'o spoke with reporters for the first time in more than a month Tuesday as the Chargers opened minicamp.
The questions about football outnumbered the ones about him being at the center of a hoax involving the fake girlfriend.
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and often...
- Penn State sweeps BYU for a record seventh...
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- Dick Harmon: Execution, not words, will crown...
- Wyoming transfer Jason Thompson makes Utah...
- Utah basketball team makes it a doubly-good...
- Utah State caps historic season with win over...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 62
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 51
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 48
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 40
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 34
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28