Tom Smart, Deseret News
SACRAMENTO, Calif. — Luis Rodriguez drove in three runs to help lead the Salt Lake Bees to a 9-5 win over the Sacramento River Cats on Thursday night.
Salt Lake already led 1-0 in the first when Rodriguez delivered a two-run single. Sacramento took a 4-3 lead in the fourth on a grand slam by Andy Parrino, but the Bees tied it in the fifth when Matt Long scored from first base on a single to right by Tommy Field.
Salt Lake regained the lead with two unearned runs in the sixth on three walks and two Sacramento errors. The Bees put the game away on a two-run single in the eighth by Luis Jimenez and a lead-off homer by Rodriguez in the ninth, as Salt Lake snapped a four-game losing streak.
Barry Enright (2-2) picked up the win, as he went five innings and allowed four runs on five hits with two strikeouts and three walks. Kole Calhoun had two hits and one RBI for Salt Lake, while Trent Oeltjen added a pair of doubles for the Bees, as they earned their first win in seven games at Sacramento this season.
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's volleyball...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule...
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner chasing...
- Gallery of champions: All 94 state...
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team landed...
- Former Ute player among those invited to work...
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting niche
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule... 51
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 48
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 47
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 42
- BYU football signs New Zealand rugby... 24
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 12
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team... 10
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner... 8