Tom Smart, Deseret News
SACRAMENTO, Calif. — Luis Rodriguez drove in three runs to help lead the Salt Lake Bees to a 9-5 win over the Sacramento River Cats on Thursday night.
Salt Lake already led 1-0 in the first when Rodriguez delivered a two-run single. Sacramento took a 4-3 lead in the fourth on a grand slam by Andy Parrino, but the Bees tied it in the fifth when Matt Long scored from first base on a single to right by Tommy Field.
Salt Lake regained the lead with two unearned runs in the sixth on three walks and two Sacramento errors. The Bees put the game away on a two-run single in the eighth by Luis Jimenez and a lead-off homer by Rodriguez in the ninth, as Salt Lake snapped a four-game losing streak.
Barry Enright (2-2) picked up the win, as he went five innings and allowed four runs on five hits with two strikeouts and three walks. Kole Calhoun had two hits and one RBI for Salt Lake, while Trent Oeltjen added a pair of doubles for the Bees, as they earned their first win in seven games at Sacramento this season.
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Video: Former USU running back Robert...
- Jazz rookie Dante Exum looks like a kid but...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball strength coach...
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon State
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 174
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 117
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 48
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 46
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45