Tom Smart, Deseret News
SACRAMENTO, Calif. — Michael Choice drove in three runs to lead the Sacramento River Cats to a 7-2 win over the Salt Lake Bees on Wednesday afternoon.
Sacramento grabbed the lead with a pair of unearned runs in the first inning, as Choice delivered an RBI double to make it 1-0 with Daric Barton adding a run scoring single. The Bees tied the game with an unearned run in the third that came home on a sacrifice fly by Kole Calhoun and an RBI single by Trent Oeltjen in the fourth.
The River Cats regained the lead in the bottom of the fourth on another unearned run.
Sacramento broke it open in the seventh on a two-run double by Choice and a two run homer in the eighth by Andy Parrino.
Jarrett Grube (0-2) took the loss, as he went five innings and allowed three runs, all of them unearned, on just three hits with five strikeouts and three walks.
Oeltjen led the Bees with two hits and an RBI, while Calhoun, Roberto Lopez, Luis Jimenez and John Hester had one hit each, all singles, as Salt Lake dropped its fourth consecutive game and sixth straight in Sacramento.
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Morning links: Steve Young quotes Joseph...
- Brad Rock: GameDay is quite the day in Utah
- BYU vs. East Carolina: How to attend, watch,...
- BYU football: East Carolina in 6 numbers
- High school football roundup for Friday, Oct. 9
- Tanner Mangum's on-the-job training continues...
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 54
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 46
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 41
- Utah Utes football: The California... 30
- Utes back in the college football... 27
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 26
- BYU coaches continue helping players... 22
- Underrated East Carolina will test... 20