Charles Krupa, Associated Press
MACKINAC ISLAND, Mich. — Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush says he's undecided about running for president, but he doesn't appear to agree with his mother that there've been enough Bushes in the White House.
Bush was asked about the 2016 race Wednesday after speaking to local leaders in northern Michigan. He says he's a year or more away from a decision.
But he laughed off a recent comment by his mother, former first lady Barbara Bush. She was asked during an April interview on NBC's "Today" show whether Jeb Bush should seek the Republican nomination. She responded, "We've had enough Bushes," and said there were many worthy candidates.
Jeb Bush told the Michigan audience, "All I can say is, we all have mothers, right?" He added that "she's totally liberated and God bless her."
- Police boss: NYC cops 'quite simply,...
- The Associated Press' top 10 movies of the year
- Christmas 1914: The day even WWI showed humanity
- 2 cops in New York City ambushed, fatally...
- What people never mention when they talk...
- 9 films advance in Oscars shortlist for best...
- Think your marital status is important? The...
- A chance to breach divide for young in Cuba...
- Obama: US re-establishing diplomatic... 49
- Vermont governor abandons single-payer... 32
- A post-election flurry: Obama tests his... 16
- Sony cancels 'The Interview' Dec. 25... 15
- Forget Santa Claus, Virginia. Was there... 14
- Police boss: NYC cops 'quite simply,... 11
- NYC premiere of Rogen film 'The... 8
- Utah mourners for Pakistani children... 8