Charles Krupa, Associated Press
MACKINAC ISLAND, Mich. — Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush says he's undecided about running for president, but he doesn't appear to agree with his mother that there've been enough Bushes in the White House.
Bush was asked about the 2016 race Wednesday after speaking to local leaders in northern Michigan. He says he's a year or more away from a decision.
But he laughed off a recent comment by his mother, former first lady Barbara Bush. She was asked during an April interview on NBC's "Today" show whether Jeb Bush should seek the Republican nomination. She responded, "We've had enough Bushes," and said there were many worthy candidates.
Jeb Bush told the Michigan audience, "All I can say is, we all have mothers, right?" He added that "she's totally liberated and God bless her."
- LDS missionaries developing strategies to...
- TV Review: Broadway wins in live 'Sound of...
- Expelling Santa from school? Holiday...
- 50 things you might not know about 15 of your...
- Utahns react to death of Nelson Mandela
- 'Sound of Music' alive for 18.5 million viewers
- Obama administration will allow green energy...
- Are extended warranties on gadgets worth the...
- Obama: Income inequality a defining... 105
- Notre Dame sues over health care law's... 31
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for... 31
- Colorado court hears discrimination... 28
- Fast food outlets planning strike for... 25
- Research: Native American genes have... 23
- Utahns react to death of Nelson Mandela 23
- Obama declares health care law is... 21