Charles Krupa, Associated Press
MACKINAC ISLAND, Mich. — Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush says he's undecided about running for president, but he doesn't appear to agree with his mother that there've been enough Bushes in the White House.
Bush was asked about the 2016 race Wednesday after speaking to local leaders in northern Michigan. He says he's a year or more away from a decision.
But he laughed off a recent comment by his mother, former first lady Barbara Bush. She was asked during an April interview on NBC's "Today" show whether Jeb Bush should seek the Republican nomination. She responded, "We've had enough Bushes," and said there were many worthy candidates.
Jeb Bush told the Michigan audience, "All I can say is, we all have mothers, right?" He added that "she's totally liberated and God bless her."
- Ex-Utahn accused of killing 6 in Texas was...
- Hot spot: Yellowstone road melts, sites closed
- Texas shooting suspect collapses twice in court
- Gallup poll: Mormons like Obama least of all...
- Inventor pushes solar panels for roads, highways
- Grandma says Texas massacre survivor saved lives
- Virginia dad plants flag in area between...
- Gunman in delivery man garb kills 4 kids,...
- Utah to appeal same-sex marriage ruling... 64
- Why thousands of migrant children are... 45
- 83% of Utahns say Congress needs to act... 44
- Boehner, McConnell blast Obama border... 38
- Ex-Utahn accused of killing 6 in Texas... 30
- Thousands of unaccompanied migrant... 26
- President Obama aims to shift border... 22
- Obama seeks $3.7 billion to deal with... 20