Charles Krupa, Associated Press
MACKINAC ISLAND, Mich. — Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush says he's undecided about running for president, but he doesn't appear to agree with his mother that there've been enough Bushes in the White House.
Bush was asked about the 2016 race Wednesday after speaking to local leaders in northern Michigan. He says he's a year or more away from a decision.
But he laughed off a recent comment by his mother, former first lady Barbara Bush. She was asked during an April interview on NBC's "Today" show whether Jeb Bush should seek the Republican nomination. She responded, "We've had enough Bushes," and said there were many worthy candidates.
Jeb Bush told the Michigan audience, "All I can say is, we all have mothers, right?" He added that "she's totally liberated and God bless her."
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- NTSB: Plane that crashed in Arizona killing...
- GOP: Lois Lerner's IRS emails show bias...
- Witnesses at Utah trial: No security-camera...
- GOP-led House ready to OK lawsuit against Obama
- Ginsburg: High court won't 'duck' gay marriage
- Probe exposes flaws behind HealthCare.gov...
- The rise of social entrepreneurship: How...
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all... 52
- Obama to GOP: 'Stop just hating all the... 46
- GOP-led House ready to OK lawsuit... 36
- GOP: Lois Lerner's IRS emails show bias... 28
- Most Americans believe the U.S. should... 27
- House leaders abandon border bill 18
- GOP-led House approves lawsuit against... 14
- Democrats have million-dollar day on... 13