Utah, USU game to debut college football coverage on new Fox Sports 1 network
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
WALNUT CREEK, Calif. — Pac-12 officials announced Wednesday morning that the Pac-12 Networks, ESPN and FOX will combine to televise the entire 80-game 2013 Pac-12 home football schedule. The Pac-12 Networks will air 35 Pac-12 home games, while ESPN and FOX will televise a total of 45 games from Pac-12 sites, including the Pac-12 Championship Game.
The networks announced their picks for the first three weeks of the 2013 season, in addition to all Thursday and Friday games hosted by Pac-12 schools.
Utah's season-opener against Utah State, set for Thursday, Aug. 29, will kick off at 6 p.m. MT and will mark the first college football game broadcast on FOX Sports 1, FOX's new national, multi-sport network. FOX Sports 1 will replace what is currently called the Speed Channel in the cable and satellite lineups in August.
The kick time and networks for three other Utah home games was also revealed: Weber State on Sept. 7 (noon/Pac-12 Networks); Oregon State on Sept. 14 (8 p.m./Fox Sports 1) and UCLA on Thursday, Oct. 3 (8 p.m./FOX Sports 1).
All remaining television selections and start times for games hosted by Pac-12 institutions will be announced 12 or six days in advance. Non-conference road game times and TV will be released by those institutions or conferences, including Utah's Sept. 21 game at BYU. The expectation is that every Pac-12 football game will be televised this season.
"Today's announcement assures Pac-12 fans will once again enjoy the best television coverage of their favorite teams," said Commissioner Larry Scott in a released statement. "Through Pac-12 Networks, and our partners ESPN and FOX, all 80 Pac-12 home games will be available to passionate Pac-12 fans all across the country."
The 2013 Pac-12 football schedule can be found here: pac-12.com/ScheduleResults.aspx#sportId=3.
2013 Utah Football Schedule (updated 5-29-13)
Date Opponent Location Time TV
Aug. 29 (Thu.) Utah State Salt Lake City 6:00 p.m. MDT FOX Sports 1
Sept. 7 Weber State Salt Lake City 12:00 p.m. MDT Pac-12 Networks
Sept. 14 Oregon State Salt Lake City 8:00 pm MDT FOX Sports 1
Sept. 21 at Brigham Young Provo, Utah
Sept. 28 open
Oct. 3 (Thu.) UCLA* Salt Lake City 8:00 pm MDT FOX Sports 1
Oct. 12 Stanford* Salt Lake City
Oct. 19 at Arizona* Tucson, Ariz.
Oct. 26 at USC* Los Angeles
Nov. 2 open
Nov. 9 Arizona State* Salt Lake City
Nov. 16 at Oregon* Eugene, Ore.
Nov. 23 at Washington State* Pullman, Wash.
Nov. 30 Colorado* Salt Lake City
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads into...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- The photos from the seats and the sideline...
- Utah football notes: Paul makes quite a splash
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- BYU football report card: Special teams...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 138
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 89
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 76
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to... 66
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 52
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33