Salt Lake Bees lose another early lead, take 9-4 loss from Sacramento on Tuesday
The Salt Lake Bees grabbed an early 3-0 lead, but could not hold on, as the Sacramento River Cats rallied for a 9-4 win on Tuesday night.
The Bees jumped ahead in the second inning on solo home runs by Brad Hawpe and John Hester, as well as an RBI single by Tommy Field.
Sacramento came back with a run in the third and then took the lead with four runs in the fourth, as the first four batters all delivered hits.
The River Cats tied the game at 3 on an RBI single by Michael Taylor and took the lead for good on a sacrifice fly by Shane Peterson. Hiroyuki Nakajima capped off the inning with a run- scoring single.
Starting pitcher Matt Shoemaker (3-8) took the loss as he went six innings and allowed seven runs on eight hits with six strikeouts and two walks. Tommy Field led the Bees with a pair of hits, including a double, and one run batted in, while Matt Long also chipped in with two hits. Hawpe drove in two runs, while extending his hitting streak to fourteen games with his home run in the second inning.
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- Dick Harmon: John Beck very impressed with...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle Whittingham...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News MVPs...
- BYU's worldwide fan base highlighted in...
- Brad Rock: Jazz dreaming of a Blazing future
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 103
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 75
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 64
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 45
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34
- BYU vs. No. 21 UMass live blog:... 27