There is a lot of crying today about intolerance. I find it astounding that the ones who cry out against intolerance and cry out for equality are among the most intolerant people out there. I want to see myself as a tolerant and patient person. I try to respect all people as human beings. It is the constant attempts to enforce views that are contrary to what I hold sacred that causes me personally to lose a lot of respect toward certain people.
I quote George Eliot in saying, "The responsibility of tolerance lies with those who have the wider vision." From what I understand of that is that you can't be narrow-minded and tolerant, but you need to see the bigger picture in how things can and will be affected in the long run.
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act needs...
- Doug Robinson: Violence against women is...
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'?
- Join the discussion: Is feminism misunderstood?
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- My view: Powdr Corp and Park City Mountain...
- The relationship between religiosity and...
- Improving voter turnout still a tough nut to...
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 114
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act... 74
- My view: Balancing personal conviction... 53
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 51
- Letter: Policy disagreement 45
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'? 39
- My view: A global warming solution to... 36
- Join the discussion: Is it impossible... 32