There is a lot of crying today about intolerance. I find it astounding that the ones who cry out against intolerance and cry out for equality are among the most intolerant people out there. I want to see myself as a tolerant and patient person. I try to respect all people as human beings. It is the constant attempts to enforce views that are contrary to what I hold sacred that causes me personally to lose a lot of respect toward certain people.
I quote George Eliot in saying, "The responsibility of tolerance lies with those who have the wider vision." From what I understand of that is that you can't be narrow-minded and tolerant, but you need to see the bigger picture in how things can and will be affected in the long run.
- 16 of the most heart warming and feel-good...
- In our opinion: It's time to end the federal...
- Mike Lee: Tax reform shouldn't penalize...
- In our opinion: Disney outbreak sends a...
- In our opinion: Fairness for all in religious...
- Robert Bennett: Obama's State of the Union...
- Letter: Prison nonsense
- Letter: Could Draper shine, too?
- In our opinion: It's time to end the... 37
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules... 35
- In our opinion: Disney outbreak sends a... 33
- Robert Bennett: Obama's State of the... 30
- Letter: Prison nonsense 28
- Ron Clegg: Primary seat belt law will... 21
- Letter: Pay for your share 21
- Letter: Peanut butter ban? 21