There is a lot of crying today about intolerance. I find it astounding that the ones who cry out against intolerance and cry out for equality are among the most intolerant people out there. I want to see myself as a tolerant and patient person. I try to respect all people as human beings. It is the constant attempts to enforce views that are contrary to what I hold sacred that causes me personally to lose a lot of respect toward certain people.
I quote George Eliot in saying, "The responsibility of tolerance lies with those who have the wider vision." From what I understand of that is that you can't be narrow-minded and tolerant, but you need to see the bigger picture in how things can and will be affected in the long run.
- Letter: Eroding the BSA 66
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument... 47
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to... 46
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood... 40
- In our opinion: Time to phase out... 27
- In our opinion: After change to state... 25
- My view: Utah leaders, don't let EPA... 25
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to... 23