The people of Oklahoma are in our prayers after suffering this horrendous tornado going through their state. Of course, it took about five minutes for Sen. Barbara Boxer of California and Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse of Rhode Island to attempt to use this tornado to advance their political agenda. They blamed this natural disaster on global warming.
One problem: Tornado activity has actually declined in the last 20 years. In a list of the 10 most deadly hurricanes since 1900, 9 of the 10 occurred before 1954. Was global warming causing those hurricanes also in the first half of the 20th century?
- In our opinion: Disney outbreak sends a...
- Robert Bennett: Obama's State of the Union...
- Letter: Prison nonsense
- Letter: Is hard work unorthodox?
- 16 of the most heart warming and feel-good...
- Ron Clegg: Primary seat belt law will save lives
- Letter: Dangerous societal focus
- In our opinion: Parents reading to young...
- Jay Evensen: Obama must make religious... 56
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules... 35
- In our opinion: Disney outbreak sends a... 29
- Letter: Prison nonsense 28
- Robert Bennett: Obama's State of the... 26
- Letter: Peanut butter ban? 21
- Letter: Idle elimination 19
- Ron Clegg: Primary seat belt law will... 19