The people of Oklahoma are in our prayers after suffering this horrendous tornado going through their state. Of course, it took about five minutes for Sen. Barbara Boxer of California and Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse of Rhode Island to attempt to use this tornado to advance their political agenda. They blamed this natural disaster on global warming.
One problem: Tornado activity has actually declined in the last 20 years. In a list of the 10 most deadly hurricanes since 1900, 9 of the 10 occurred before 1954. Was global warming causing those hurricanes also in the first half of the 20th century?
- In our opinion: Confronted by power, Christ...
- Robert Bennett: Immigration reform should...
- My view: Anti-science ruins the climate debate
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: A compilation...
- Charles Krauthammer: In our politics, full...
- Letter: Amnesty for who?
- In our opinion: Dramatic transformation over...
- Letter: Republican empathy too rare
- There are no Frodos without Sams: The... 47
- My view: Anti-science ruins the climate... 45
- George F. Will: Understanding our... 41
- Letter: Amnesty for who? 37
- My view: Immigration reform just makes... 33
- My view: Eliminating the root cause of... 30
- Robert Bennett: Immigration reform... 26
- In our opinion: In an entrepreneurial... 25