The people of Oklahoma are in our prayers after suffering this horrendous tornado going through their state. Of course, it took about five minutes for Sen. Barbara Boxer of California and Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse of Rhode Island to attempt to use this tornado to advance their political agenda. They blamed this natural disaster on global warming.
One problem: Tornado activity has actually declined in the last 20 years. In a list of the 10 most deadly hurricanes since 1900, 9 of the 10 occurred before 1954. Was global warming causing those hurricanes also in the first half of the 20th century?
- Jay Evensen: Birthright citizenship —...
- In our opinion: Trump's all-inclusive...
- Dan Liljenquist: Charter schools provide...
- My view: Don’t expand Medicaid with a...
- My view: Women’s equality — 95...
- Letter: Appalling attitude
- Letter: 20th-century achievements
- Richard Davis: What can Republicans do with...
- Letter: Appalling attitude 84
- George F. Will: Immigration-related... 57
- Letter: Big money in politics 44
- In our opinion: Security with Clinton's... 43
- Richard Davis: What can Republicans do... 39
- In our opinion: Trump's all-inclusive... 38
- My view: Don’t expand Medicaid... 36
- My view: No matter who pays the bill,... 34