Ross D. Franklin, AP
A misleading article features a report from the U.S. Energy Information Association on carbon dioxide emissions ("Analysis shows where Utah stands with greenhouse gas emissions," May 14). By reporting their senseless attempts at "measuring" (guessing) such information and then falsely reporting it as "greenhouse gas emissions" is unconscionable news reporting. It is false because air is our precious greenhouse gas that protects all life, as an insulating blanket, from freezing or burning as we change from day to night.
What a cruel hoax is perpetuated. We see and hear who says so, but who has demonstrated and proved that carbon dioxide is bad, or worse than oxygen? When and where were such scientific tests published? Blaming changes in climate on carbon dioxide is a bait-and-switch game. Perhaps we all should quit breathing and emitting carbon dioxide.
Salt Lake City
- 10 things you never knew about the FBI
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah...
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook for...
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- Robert Bennett: Hamas and its financial...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Re-enactment...
- Letter: Policy disagreement
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have voted for
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 108
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have... 72
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious... 61
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and... 50
- In our opinion: History will remember... 46
- Letter: Breeding hate 44
- Letter: Policy disagreement 44
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 43