Ross D. Franklin, AP
A misleading article features a report from the U.S. Energy Information Association on carbon dioxide emissions ("Analysis shows where Utah stands with greenhouse gas emissions," May 14). By reporting their senseless attempts at "measuring" (guessing) such information and then falsely reporting it as "greenhouse gas emissions" is unconscionable news reporting. It is false because air is our precious greenhouse gas that protects all life, as an insulating blanket, from freezing or burning as we change from day to night.
What a cruel hoax is perpetuated. We see and hear who says so, but who has demonstrated and proved that carbon dioxide is bad, or worse than oxygen? When and where were such scientific tests published? Blaming changes in climate on carbon dioxide is a bait-and-switch game. Perhaps we all should quit breathing and emitting carbon dioxide.
Salt Lake City
- Jay Evensen: Birthright citizenship —...
- In our opinion: Trump's all-inclusive...
- Dan Liljenquist: Charter schools provide...
- My view: Don’t expand Medicaid with a...
- My view: Women’s equality — 95...
- Letter: Appalling attitude
- Letter: 20th-century achievements
- Richard Davis: What can Republicans do with...
- Letter: Appalling attitude 84
- George F. Will: Immigration-related... 57
- Letter: Big money in politics 44
- In our opinion: Security with Clinton's... 43
- Richard Davis: What can Republicans do... 39
- In our opinion: Trump's all-inclusive... 38
- My view: Don’t expand Medicaid... 36
- My view: No matter who pays the bill,... 34