Douglas Carter, Dc Snaps
Utah Repertory Theater Company announces its production of the farce "What the Bellhop Saw" May 31-June 15 at the Historic Murray Theater.
Performances will be Mondays, Fridays and Saturdays at 7:30 p.m. and a matinee at 2 p.m. on June 15.
" 'What the Bellhop Saw' was written for pure enjoyment," director Chase Ramsey said in a news release. "Some of the themes expressed are semi-political — making it, at moments, a satire. But in truth, the reason 'Bellhop' has to be seen is because you will laugh until you're sore."
Leading the cast as Wally the Bellhop is Jack Kyle Oram, an actor with Grassroots Shakespeare Company. He was recently seen as Koko in "The Mikado" and as Orpheus in "Eurydice."
As the hapless guest Georgie, who checks into a hotel, is James McKinney, who recently played Vincent in a nationally honored production of "Vincent in Brixton."
Jake Ben Suazo will play the role of Arlene, Georgie's jealous wife. Suazo is co-creator of Thrillionaires Improv Theater and was last seen in "The 39 Steps."
The other cast members are Aubrey Bench, Maddy Belle Forsyth, M. Chase Grant, Benjamin James Henderson, Robbie X Pierce, Jason Sullivan, Bethany R. Woodruff, and Daniel Whiting.
Advance tickets are $15-$18 and can be purchased at UtahRep.org/Tickets. The price of tickets at the door is $17-$20.
Sensitivity rating: Sexual situations played for comedy and mild language
- Iranian youth behind 'Happy' video sentenced
- 'Gotham' actor's Penguin inspired by DC Comics
- Big screen 'Maze Runner' is a big dream come...
- Suspenseful 'Maze Runner' dodges limitations...
- Ballet to Broadway: Two Utah-native siblings...
- Paintbrushes, fairy tales and chore charts:...
- Summer movie season wasn't so bad for 'the...
- The latest ‘Godzilla’ reboot...
- Gamers use police hoax to lash out at... 6
- Vikings place Adrian Peterson on exempt... 5
- Iranian youth behind 'Happy' video... 4
- Millennials read more books than their... 3
- The complicated relationship between... 3
- Vikings reinstate Peterson despite... 2
- Two big reasons to buy comic books for... 2
- Big screen 'Maze Runner' is a big dream... 2