BYU, Utah and Utah State 2013 football schedule breakdown
Tom Smart, Deseret News
The success of a college football team is in large part determined by the success of that teams opponents. In a sport where national championships are determined by perceived greatness in addition to on-the-field results, the skill, talent and success of the opponent a team plays can significantly enhance or detract from that teams postseason resume.
In 2013, Utah's three major college football programs will compete against more than 30 different opponents, all with different playing styles, strengths, weaknesses, and schedules of their own. The Utes will embark upon their third season as a member of the Pac-12, BYU's independent schedule is much more full of marquee matchups than years previous, and Utah State is embarking on its first year in the Mountain West Conference.
Some of the teams that will visit Utah's college towns this fall are quite familiar to fans. Who are these teams and how much of a threat do they pose to the Beehive state's college football supremacy?
Today, we examine that. Continue on to see the BYU Cougars football schedule, Utah Utes football schedule and the Utah State Aggies football schedule broken down by opponent. Or see the entire list of BYU, Utah and Utah State 2013 football schedule breakdown.
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- No. 21 BYU faces opportunistic, upset-minded...
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Fredette family discusses...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- High school football: Royals rock Grizzlies...
- BYU Cougars happy to have Saturday afternoon...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 72
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33