BYU, Utah and Utah State 2013 football schedule breakdown
Tom Smart, Deseret News
The success of a college football team is in large part determined by the success of that teams opponents. In a sport where national championships are determined by perceived greatness in addition to on-the-field results, the skill, talent and success of the opponent a team plays can significantly enhance or detract from that teams postseason resume.
In 2013, Utah's three major college football programs will compete against more than 30 different opponents, all with different playing styles, strengths, weaknesses, and schedules of their own. The Utes will embark upon their third season as a member of the Pac-12, BYU's independent schedule is much more full of marquee matchups than years previous, and Utah State is embarking on its first year in the Mountain West Conference.
Some of the teams that will visit Utah's college towns this fall are quite familiar to fans. Who are these teams and how much of a threat do they pose to the Beehive state's college football supremacy?
Today, we examine that. Continue on to see the BYU Cougars football schedule, Utah Utes football schedule and the Utah State Aggies football schedule broken down by opponent. Or see the entire list of BYU, Utah and Utah State 2013 football schedule breakdown.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 45
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 27