BYU, Utah and Utah State 2013 football schedule breakdown
Tom Smart, Deseret News
The success of a college football team is in large part determined by the success of that teams opponents. In a sport where national championships are determined by perceived greatness in addition to on-the-field results, the skill, talent and success of the opponent a team plays can significantly enhance or detract from that teams postseason resume.
In 2013, Utah's three major college football programs will compete against more than 30 different opponents, all with different playing styles, strengths, weaknesses, and schedules of their own. The Utes will embark upon their third season as a member of the Pac-12, BYU's independent schedule is much more full of marquee matchups than years previous, and Utah State is embarking on its first year in the Mountain West Conference.
Some of the teams that will visit Utah's college towns this fall are quite familiar to fans. Who are these teams and how much of a threat do they pose to the Beehive state's college football supremacy?
Today, we examine that. Continue on to see the BYU Cougars football schedule, Utah Utes football schedule and the Utah State Aggies football schedule broken down by opponent. Or see the entire list of BYU, Utah and Utah State 2013 football schedule breakdown.
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former Cougar...
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU filled...
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share...
- Red-hot Utah Jazz enter the danger zone
- For Star Lotulelei, Super Bowl loss leaves...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to assist...
- Rock On: Jabari's guide to Utah
- Copper Hills lives up to expectations with...
- Utes drop heartbreaker at Oregon State,... 103
- Morning links: Grading the BYU, Utah... 84
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 67
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 28
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the... 24
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 24
- Defense, rebounding, big second half... 22