BYU, Utah and Utah State 2013 football schedule breakdown
Tom Smart, Deseret News
The success of a college football team is in large part determined by the success of that teams opponents. In a sport where national championships are determined by perceived greatness in addition to on-the-field results, the skill, talent and success of the opponent a team plays can significantly enhance or detract from that teams postseason resume.
In 2013, Utah's three major college football programs will compete against more than 30 different opponents, all with different playing styles, strengths, weaknesses, and schedules of their own. The Utes will embark upon their third season as a member of the Pac-12, BYU's independent schedule is much more full of marquee matchups than years previous, and Utah State is embarking on its first year in the Mountain West Conference.
Some of the teams that will visit Utah's college towns this fall are quite familiar to fans. Who are these teams and how much of a threat do they pose to the Beehive state's college football supremacy?
Today, we examine that. Continue on to see the BYU Cougars football schedule, Utah Utes football schedule and the Utah State Aggies football schedule broken down by opponent. Or see the entire list of BYU, Utah and Utah State 2013 football schedule breakdown.
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70
- Utes come up short in Pac-12 battle with Arizona
- Layton steps up big late to secure a 48-46...
- BYU looking forward to big showdown at No. 3...
- High school basketball tournaments: Pairings,...
- 5A boys state tournament roundup: Layton...
- 16 Mormon pop culture moments from 2014-15
- Halford helps key BYU's late-season run,...
- Peavler: BYU and Utah would both be... 92
- Holmoe talks about bowl brawl... 83
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70 67
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 63
- Utes bounce back, blast Sun Devils 50
- Utes come up short in Pac-12 battle... 40
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 30
- Morning links: Examining BYU's at-large... 29