Stuart Johnson, Deseret News
Fifteen years ago while serving as mayor of Highland, I sat in meetings with other elected officials where we discussed the possibilities of a trail along the Murdock Canal. At the time this was nothing more than a dream but soon developed into a vision. I am so appreciative of the many individuals and organizations that caught the vision and made this trail a reality. Through those efforts we now enjoy a priceless amenity that will benefit generations to come.
This trail not only connects us physically but enhances our overall sense of community — inviting all to become better friends and neighbors. As evidenced here, working together for a common cause can produce amazing results.
- Most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum wage
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before...
- John Hoffmire: Fighting increasing health...
- The most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- Doug Robinson: The era of 'I'm sorry'
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: What's to be...
- In our opinion: Aging without a family