Stuart Johnson, Deseret News
Fifteen years ago while serving as mayor of Highland, I sat in meetings with other elected officials where we discussed the possibilities of a trail along the Murdock Canal. At the time this was nothing more than a dream but soon developed into a vision. I am so appreciative of the many individuals and organizations that caught the vision and made this trail a reality. Through those efforts we now enjoy a priceless amenity that will benefit generations to come.
This trail not only connects us physically but enhances our overall sense of community — inviting all to become better friends and neighbors. As evidenced here, working together for a common cause can produce amazing results.
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument in...
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood scandal...
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to help...
- Letter: Eroding the BSA
- In our opinion: Time to phase out federal...
- Letter: Envision Utah scam
- In our opinion: Sen. Mike Lee's proposed...
- In our opinion: Trump's statements on Mexican...
- Five principles to help guide public... 111
- In our opinion: Trump's statements on... 69
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument... 43
- Letter: Human body 41
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to... 40
- Letter: Eroding the BSA 38
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood... 31
- In our opinion: Time to phase out... 20