Scott G Winterton, Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
What a breath of fresh air to read former Sen. Bob Bennett's article regarding John Swallow — something that really makes sense instead of the wild rhetoric to which we are exposed on a daily basis ("Swallow needs administrative leave," May 20). Regardless of whether Swallow is falsely accused or blatantly guilty, Bennett's suggestion that Swallow be placed on the sidelines temporarily allows both him to prepare his own defense and the duties of the attorney general's office to be carried on uncompromised.
Although the tea party managed to shamefully get Bennett out of Washington they have not succeeded in shutting him down. Way to go, Bob.
- How America feels about Mitt Romney right now
- Dan Liljenquist: Obamacare was a rude...
- Letter: Growing party divide
- Lois M. Collins: Daddy-daughter duo turn trip...
- In our opinion: Smoking aside, Utah can still...
- Richard Davis: Our representatives should be...
- Jay Evensen: Like it or not, ride sharing is...
- Kathleen Parker: Pope Francis calls for a...
- In our opinion: Keystone Pipeline... 65
- Letter: Where jobs come from 64
- In our opinion: A Supreme missed... 58
- Dave Folland: No more excuses on... 44
- In our opinion: When it comes to... 40
- Dan Liljenquist: Obamacare was a rude... 40
- Letter: Why I voted Democrat 35
- How America feels about Mitt Romney... 34