Scott G Winterton, Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
What a breath of fresh air to read former Sen. Bob Bennett's article regarding John Swallow — something that really makes sense instead of the wild rhetoric to which we are exposed on a daily basis ("Swallow needs administrative leave," May 20). Regardless of whether Swallow is falsely accused or blatantly guilty, Bennett's suggestion that Swallow be placed on the sidelines temporarily allows both him to prepare his own defense and the duties of the attorney general's office to be carried on uncompromised.
Although the tea party managed to shamefully get Bennett out of Washington they have not succeeded in shutting him down. Way to go, Bob.
- W. Bradford Wilcox: Why the working-class...
- In our opinion: The 3 levels of Christmas
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation is like...
- About Utah: They're best in the world
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Cogitating on...
- My view: We deserve better than current...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: New Christmas...
- Drew Clark: The right to be forgiven, not...
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 64
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 48
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 34
- Jay Evensen: Should Utah raise its gas... 28
- Letter: Police not the problem 24
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation... 22
- Reconnecting with Cuba is a good move... 20