Scott G Winterton, Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
What a breath of fresh air to read former Sen. Bob Bennett's article regarding John Swallow — something that really makes sense instead of the wild rhetoric to which we are exposed on a daily basis ("Swallow needs administrative leave," May 20). Regardless of whether Swallow is falsely accused or blatantly guilty, Bennett's suggestion that Swallow be placed on the sidelines temporarily allows both him to prepare his own defense and the duties of the attorney general's office to be carried on uncompromised.
Although the tea party managed to shamefully get Bennett out of Washington they have not succeeded in shutting him down. Way to go, Bob.
- Natalie Gochnour: Contrasting religious practice
- Letter: Romancing the gun
- Michael Erickson: Stop America's later-term...
- George F. Will: Finding our place in the...
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's new version of...
- Letter: Fall of America
- Letter: Congress surrendered
- In our opinion: Remembering German Unity Day