Scott G Winterton, Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
What a breath of fresh air to read former Sen. Bob Bennett's article regarding John Swallow — something that really makes sense instead of the wild rhetoric to which we are exposed on a daily basis ("Swallow needs administrative leave," May 20). Regardless of whether Swallow is falsely accused or blatantly guilty, Bennett's suggestion that Swallow be placed on the sidelines temporarily allows both him to prepare his own defense and the duties of the attorney general's office to be carried on uncompromised.
Although the tea party managed to shamefully get Bennett out of Washington they have not succeeded in shutting him down. Way to go, Bob.
- In our opinion: U.S. schools still separate...
- About Utah: His business is fun, games and...
- Richard Davis: Don't turn A.G. into an...
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging
- Robert J. Samuelson: Economics lacks the...
- Robert Bennett: 'Nuclear option' ends...
- Jenet Jacob Erickson: Understanding family...
- George F. Will: Why Iran should be contained
- Robert J. Samuelson: Economics lacks... 37
- In our opinion: U.S. schools still... 37
- Charles Krauthammer: The real problem... 36
- Letter: Preventative care 28
- Robert Bennett: 'Nuclear option' ends... 27
- Letter: Insurance website 20
- Letter: Buying politicians 20
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: What... 18