SALT LAKE CITY — Utah Jazz officials announced Thursday that the team will once again participate in the 2013 Southwest Airlines Orlando Pro Summer League, which will take place on the Orlando Magic's practice court at Amway Center from July 7-12. The Boston Celtics, Brooklyn Nets, Detroit Pistons, Houston Rockets, Indiana Pacers, Miami Heat, Oklahoma City Thunder and Philadelphia 76ers will also be participating in the six-day, 25-game event hosted by the Magic.
Utah will play five games in the Summer League, facing the Heat (July 7), Rockets (July 9), Nets (July 10), Pacers (July 11) and a yet-to-be-determined opponent on July 12.
A new format will be introduced this summer, with two extra teams and an additional day added to the slate. The new format calls for each team playing five games over the six-day event, with a championship day being staged on the final day. A point system has been devised that will establish the standings leading up to the final day, with seven points awarded each game based on: three points for winning the game and one point for winning each quarter (in the event of a tied quarter, each team will receive 0.5 points). In the event of ties in seeding heading into championship day, three tiebreakers will be in place: total point differential; total points allowed; coin flip.
Utah previously participated in the Orlando Pro Summer League in 2009 and 2010 when the event was held at RDV Sportsplex, and in 2012 at Amway Center. Summer League was not held in 2011 (due to the lockout).
Due to space limitations, the Orlando Pro Summer League is not open to the public.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 116
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 36
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 32
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21