Ravell Call, Deseret News
Funeral services for Sister Frances J. Monson, wife to President of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Thomas S. Monson, will be held today at noon in the Salt Lake Tabernacle.
The public is invited to attend the funeral on Temple Square, where tickets will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis at all four entrances.
For those who can't attend the funeral in the Tabernacle, the services will be broadcast live here, as well as via LDS.org, KSL-TV, KSL.com, BYU-TV, BYU-TV Global, BYU-TV International, KBYU and on the LDS Church satellite system.
Sister Monson died Friday at 6:35 a.m., surrounded by family. An LDS Church news release indicated she died of causes incident to age. She was 85.
- LDS missionaries developing strategies to...
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach the...
- Christmas lights on Temple Square in pictures...
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional tradition
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered for...
- LDS growth in India draws media attention
- Nelson Mandela's faith made him a worldwide...
- Families celebrate Christmas traditions as...
- LDS missionaries developing strategies... 47
- Cardinal Dolan says Catholic church... 38
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 26
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional... 26
- Defending the Faith: 'Pleased as man... 22
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach... 21
- What's new: 'Women and the Priesthood'... 18
- Space and religion: How believers view... 13