Susan Walsh, Associated Press
What more evidence do we need to replace the income tax with an uncomplicated, straightforward national sales tax on manufactured goods (not food and utilities) than what we've learned about the heavy-handed tactics of the IRS this past week? Advantages of a national tax means that those who spend more (and can afford it) will pay more taxes.
No longer will there be bitter disputes between the so-called one percent and the rest of us. Other than acting as a collection agency for sales taxes, the IRS can be dismantled. No need to have tax preparation done by CPAs, albeit corporations will still need to file and pay sales taxes collected. No one will be left without paying taxes; you buy a car, you pay taxes. What are we waiting for?
- My view: Obama has you cornered with K-12...
- Five principles to help guide public dialogue...
- Letter: Human body
- In our opinion: Trump's statements on Mexican...
- Steve Eaton: Sundance the Talking Dog is gone
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: A more...
- My view: Use of force debate should recognize...
- In our opinion: School libraries need...
- Five principles to help guide public... 98
- In our opinion: Sen. Mike Lee's... 63
- Letter: Human body 39
- Robert J. Samuelson: The trouble with... 15
- Drew Clark: We need to consider... 15
- In our opinion: School libraries need... 15
- In our opinion: Trump's statements on... 15
- Letter: Transportation component 11