WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama will travel to tornado-ravaged Moore, Okla., on Sunday.
White House spokesman Jay Carney says the president will view the tornado damage first-hand. He also plans to meet with victims and first responders.
The monstrous tornado barreled through the Oklahoma City suburb Monday afternoon, demolishing an elementary school and reducing homes to piles of rubble. State authorities say two infants were among the 24 people who perished in the twister.
The town of Moore is a community of 41,000 people located about 10 miles from Oklahoma City.
- Utah humanitarian aid worker returns from...
- Southern Baptists tell pastors: hold line on...
- Cause sought for space-supply rocket explosion
- A place with a view: Inside NYC's tallest...
- Chocolate compound restores age-related...
- Digital Savant: How to be a ghost (online)
- Pope Francis: ‘Evolution is not...
- Balancing act: Stress, burnout, mistakes top...
- Pope Francis: ‘Evolution ... 61
- Pastor who performed gay marriage keeps... 29
- Southern Baptists tell pastors: hold... 22
- Utah among lowest in nation in... 19
- Churches proceed carefully when... 16
- George P. Bush says dad Jeb Bush is... 15
- Obama on Ebola fight: US can't seal... 11
- Poll: 2 of 3 Americans say Islamic... 10