SALEM HILLS 2, MOUNTAIN VIEW 1: Salem Hills' Conner Rollins singled home two runs in the bottom of the seventh as the SkyHawks overcame a 1-0 deficit to beat Mountain View in the 4A winners bracket at Kearns High School. Colton Hill picked up the victory for Salem Hills.
WESTLAKE 7, SKY VIEW 1: Daniel Nugent went 2-for-3 with a pair of doubles and two RBIs, while Jamin Van Sickle also drove in a pair of runs to lead Westlake past Sky View in the 4A elimination game at Kearns High School on Tuesday morning.
MURRAY 7, LOGAN 1: Nick Smart had a strong day at the plate with a single, double and triple to lead Murray to a 4A elimination game victory over Logan. Chase Topham tripled as well for the Spartans as they rode the arm of Spencer Downs to the victory.
CYPRUS 5, WESTLAKE 1: Cyprus capitalized on some Westlake defensive miscues in the seventh inning to pull away for the 4A elimination game victory at Kearns High School. After beating Sky View a few hours earlier, Westlake's offense stalled against Pirates' pitcher Parker Loutensock.
BINGHAM 5, SYRACUSE 2: Chase Tavonatti pitched a masterful game as Bingham topped Syracuse to advance in the 5A winners bracket at UVU.
RIVERTON 3, LAYTON 0: The Silverwolves shut out the Lancers.
COTTONWOOD 7, ALTA 2: The Colts scored four runs in the first inning and never looked back, adding three more while starting pitcher Carter Owens scattered four hits in a complete game effort for the win. After losing to Bingham in the first round, Cottonwood has been on a tear, amassing 26 runs total in wins over Fremont, Davis and Alta. Tuesday's win sets up the Colts to play the loser between Bingham and Syracuse on Wednesday, with the winner of that game slated to play later in the evening.
AMERICAN FORK 10, COPPER HILLS 5: The Cavemen exploded for 16 hits Tuesday, going on to beat Copper Hills 10-5 for their second win in a row since losing to Syracuse in the second round of the 5A state baseball playoffs last week. Riley Ottesen was flawless at the plate, going 5-for-5 while driving in three runs and reaching the plate twice. Zac Willis added two hits in three tries and seven other Cavemen logged base hits on the day.
BOUNTIFUL 3, MURRAY 3: In a wild semifinal at Woods Cross, Bountiful prevailed in a shootout over Murray that went to the seventh shooter, with the Braves prevailing 5-4. Tristan Booth, Jake Haddock and Garrett Rydalch all scored goals for Bountiful, with Chad Piersen, Clay Powell and Sean Speirs scoring for Murray.
BINGHAM 3, COPPER HILLS 2: Bingham sophomore Gabe Altheman outpaced the Copper Hills defense, maneuvered past the goalkeeper, and sent the ball to the opposite post for the overtime victory. The win puts the Miners back in the championship for the first time since winning in 2001.
- BYU basketball: Confident San Francisco...
- BYU basketball: Despite dearth of 3-pointers,...
- High school boys basketball: TJ Haws' career...
- Basketball bonds: Hoops have tied Utah star...
- David Stockton, son of John, saves the day...
- Utah Jazz: Boos for Paul Millsap?...
- About Utah: All the mac and cheese they can eat
- High school boys basketball: Underdog...
- Utah basketball: Utes clip Cal in... 84
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 67
- High school boys basketball: 5A/4A/1A... 57
- BYU football: Practice fights elicit... 57
- Doug Robinson: Time to move on for... 43
- BYU basketball: Despite dearth of... 34
- CougarLinks: BYU picked to win WCC... 28
- BYU basketball: Bottom seed LMU knocks... 26