Brennan Linsley, AP
Everyone expects the government to step in and help the victims of this most recent tornado as it has in the other recent natural disasters. I applaud the quick response of our government — the purpose of government is to protect its citizens. But according to the ranting and raving of a few, that does not include protecting them when illness occurs.
Please explain to me the difference between natural disaster and disease. Neither is caused by the victims. Both involve pain and suffering. Both involve the possible lose of home and income. How can one be so calloused to discriminate between the two victims?
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test?
- W. Bradford Wilcox: The new progressive...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Are...
- My view: Utah, where do you stand on marriage?
- Charles Krauthammer: The jihadi logic
- 19 songs to consider as replacements for the...
- James Gattuso: Give Tesla a truly free market...
- Drew Clark: The 'least dangerous branch' must...
- My view: Utah, where do you stand on... 95
- Letter: Bush dilemma 2.0 37
- George F. Will: Obama needs Congress to... 27
- In our opinion: How committed are... 25
- W. Bradford Wilcox: The new progressive... 20
- My view: Intergenerational poverty the... 19
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test? 19
- In our opinion: Now a thriving urban... 17