Brennan Linsley, AP
Everyone expects the government to step in and help the victims of this most recent tornado as it has in the other recent natural disasters. I applaud the quick response of our government — the purpose of government is to protect its citizens. But according to the ranting and raving of a few, that does not include protecting them when illness occurs.
Please explain to me the difference between natural disaster and disease. Neither is caused by the victims. Both involve pain and suffering. Both involve the possible lose of home and income. How can one be so calloused to discriminate between the two victims?
- In our opinion: Perry indictment a concern
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Families battling...
- Scandals hiding in plain sight
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games' —...
- Charles Krauthammer: The role of a great...
- Jay Evensen: Marijuana acceptance will lead...
- Letter: Irreparable damage
- Michael Gerson: No time to lead from behind
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games'... 81
- Robert Bennett: Contrary to Krugman,... 61
- Letter: Utah's birthright 47
- In our opinion: Perry indictment a concern 47
- In our opinion: Avoid blurring the line... 46
- Letter: Irreparable damage 44
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult... 42
- Michael Gerson: Rand Paul's bogus outreach 37