Brennan Linsley, AP
Everyone expects the government to step in and help the victims of this most recent tornado as it has in the other recent natural disasters. I applaud the quick response of our government — the purpose of government is to protect its citizens. But according to the ranting and raving of a few, that does not include protecting them when illness occurs.
Please explain to me the difference between natural disaster and disease. Neither is caused by the victims. Both involve pain and suffering. Both involve the possible lose of home and income. How can one be so calloused to discriminate between the two victims?
- W. Bradford Wilcox: Why the working-class...
- In our opinion: The 3 levels of Christmas
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation is like...
- About Utah: They're best in the world
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Cogitating on...
- My view: We deserve better than current...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: New Christmas...
- Drew Clark: The right to be forgiven, not...
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 64
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 48
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 34
- Jay Evensen: Should Utah raise its gas... 28
- Letter: Police not the problem 24
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation... 22
- Reconnecting with Cuba is a good move... 20