Brennan Linsley, AP
Everyone expects the government to step in and help the victims of this most recent tornado as it has in the other recent natural disasters. I applaud the quick response of our government — the purpose of government is to protect its citizens. But according to the ranting and raving of a few, that does not include protecting them when illness occurs.
Please explain to me the difference between natural disaster and disease. Neither is caused by the victims. Both involve pain and suffering. Both involve the possible lose of home and income. How can one be so calloused to discriminate between the two victims?
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Dan Liljenquist: Detroit is sending a message...
- George F. Will: President Obama's epiphanies...
- Jay Evensen: Utah inversions — 100...
- In our opinion: Refinery should be allowed to...
- Letter: American billionaires
- Letter: Golden goose
- My view: Ask a veteran about their health care
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 65
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 63
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 44
- Letter: American billionaires 35
- In our opinion: No more 'Government... 33
- Can Mandela's legacy revive the GOP? 32
- My view: Non-discrimination laws have a... 29
- President should not act without... 28