Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
MURRAY 2, ROY 1: Murray overcame an early 1-run deficit on its way to the extra-inning victory over Roy in the 4A elimination game. Cam Howe picked up the victory on the mound for the Spartans.
LOGAN 7, WOODS CROSS 2: Logan used a big third inning to pull away from Woods Cross for the victory in the 4A elimination game. Grizzlies' pitcher Chase Nelson only allowed two hits and he earned nine strikeouts in the victory.
CYPRUS 8, MOUNTAIN CREST 4: Cyprus used a five-run fifth inning to rally past Mountain Crest for the victory in the 4A elimination game at Kearns High School.
ALTA 11, PLEASANT GROVE 4: Alta jumped out to a quick 3-0 lead in the first inning and never looked back in a convincing victory over Pleasant Grove in an elimination game at UVU on Monday. Cole Myers went 2 for 4 with a pair of RBIs to lead the Hawks, while teammate Chipper Lucero went 2 for 2 with 2 RBIs. Brett Snyder struck out 11 to pick up the victory for Alta.
COTTONWOOD 10, DAVIS 0: Cottonwood got off to a quick start in the 5A elimination game against Davis and never looked back after building a 3-0 first-inning lead en route to the six-inning victory. Hunter Smith only allowed five hits in recording the shutout victory. Josh Shapiro, Martin Chagnovich and Jake Marvos all went 2 for 4 to lead the Colts, who will next face Alta on Tuesday.
COPPER HILLS 5, TAYLORSVILLE 0: After five innings of scoreless baseball in a tense 5A elimination game at UVU, Tanner Johnson singled in the game's first run in the sixth inning and then Brad Ogden had a bases-clearing double in the seventh to stretch the lead to 4-0 as Copper Hills eliminated Taylorsville. Tanner Anderson picked up the victory for Copper Hills as he struck out six and only allowed four hits.
AMERICAN FORK 6, JORDAN 0: American Fork ace Riley Otteson struck out 12 over seven innings and only allowed two hits to power the Cavemen to a 5A elimination game victory over Jordan. Otteson also helped his own cause at the plate by going 1 for 3 with two RBIs.
- Deseret News 2014 NFL Mock Draft: Where are...
- U. student government passes resolution to...
- Doug Robinson: Utah Jazz have come full...
- Amy Donaldson: 'Utah Man' can stay or go, but...
- No timeline set to find Utah Jazz's new head...
- To serve or not to serve: BYU star athletes...
- Utah Sports Ruckus: Grading the Jazz's...
- Alec Burks, one of Jazz bright spots, looks...
- U. student government passes resolution... 106
- Utah Jazz: Tyrone Corbin's contract... 56
- To serve or not to serve: BYU star... 41
- Doug Robinson: Utah Jazz have come full... 30
- Dick Harmon: BYU's loading up with... 27
- Mike Sorensen: To keep or not to keep... 24
- Speculation begins about who the next... 24
- Utah Jazz: Plan's playing out, but... 19