Steve Marcus, Pool, Associated Press
LAS VEGAS — The latest high-stakes court hearing for O.J. Simpson in the glitzy capital of big gambles has come to a close with the former football star's defense team feeling confident that their client is closer to getting out of prison.
The last time Simpson was in a Las Vegas courtroom, he was convicted of kidnapping and armed robbery. Now, with a new team of attorneys, he has mounted a case that his former lead lawyer botched the 2008 trial so badly that a new one should be granted.
When the weeklong hearing ended Friday there seemed to be little doubt that mistakes were made when Simpson was sentenced to nine to 33 years in prison. The real question is whether enough was done to get him out of prison.
- Bigotry? Hatred? Christians say they’re...
- Elder Ballard visits refugee camps in Germany...
- Turkey downs Russian jet it says violated its...
- Officer charged with murder in teen's death;...
- Group raised suspicions before 5 were shot at...
- Minneapolis police say 5 shot near protest scene
- Donald Trump says he'd bring back waterboarding
- They put the giving in Thanksgiving
- Bigotry? Hatred? Christians say... 48
- Trump says he saw people celebrating... 38
- Carson tops new poll of Utah voters 29
- Donald Trump says he'd bring back... 25
- Kerry: US trying to speed up efforts to... 23
- Turkey downs Russian jet it says... 15
- Terrorism propaganda assignment causes... 15
- New school lunch regulations could turn... 12