Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
It's not often I agree with columnist Richard Davis, but I concur with the BYU professor regarding the need for Utah Attorney General John Swallow to be the subject of a special investigation or even impeached ("Cloud over Swallow needs to be resolved soon," May 15). There is enough smoke swirling around the embattled official to reasonably believe there is also some fire that might render him unfit for office.
However, I'm waiting for Davis to come forward with a similar demand for action concerning President Barack Obama or at least his chief lieutenants like Eric Holder and Hillary Clinton. It is now quite clear that the Obama administration has brazenly lied to the American people about a host of serious issues. Let's start with these: the ATF's bungled "Fast and Furious" operation, the false Benghazi cover story about an anti-Islamic video, and the corruption and cronyism behind the funding of "green job" companies like Solyndra. If Davis is so rightly concerned with the integrity of high office holders, should he not also be outraged by the acts of our national leaders even if they happen to share his political beliefs?
- Join the discussion: Is feminism misunderstood?
- Dan Liljenquist: The economic impact of...
- In our opinion: Timing is right for the...
- In our opinion: Federal contracting executive...
- My view: Utah's Constitution requires state...
- Perceptions of Obama and his policies at home...
- Capitalism and the common good: Fairness,...
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'?
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 114
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act... 79
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 51
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'? 47
- Join the discussion: Is feminism... 38
- Capitalism and the common good:... 37
- My view: A global warming solution to... 36
- In our opinion: Timing is right for the... 36