Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
As a member of America's communities, please stop and take a moment today, Armed Forces Day, to reflect on the sacrifices made, on your behalf, by our troops. Then, reach out and demonstrate your thanks personally or through a troop-support organization. You can donate in-kind goods for care packages, or ask what they need to continue support of America's military, veterans and the families of our fallen heroes.
You may be surprised – some groups may ask for postage money to ship care packages to troops around the world; others may just ask you to spread the word — that America's military needs to be supported by one and all.
Pat Soler, National President
Blue Star Mothers of America Inc.
Walnut Creek, Calif.
- Charles Krauthammer: The president's foreign...
- About Utah: Company helps show 'you don't win...
- In our opinion: Looking upward, seeking...
- A Hobson's choice: Religious freedom in the...
- Letter: End daylight saving time
- Robert Bennett: Compromise will morph into...
- Benefit Corporations: Why aren't Utah...
- Libertarian wave wins big at CPAC
- Charles Krauthammer: The president's... 56
- In our opinion: Boy Scouts of America... 34
- Was Hillary right to compare Putin to... 34
- Letter: End daylight saving time 32
- Sen. Ted Cruz opens 2014 CPAC with... 30
- Letter: A 'dying' document 27
- A Hobson's choice: Religious freedom in... 26
- Senate defeats Obama in Justice nod 21