Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
As a member of America's communities, please stop and take a moment today, Armed Forces Day, to reflect on the sacrifices made, on your behalf, by our troops. Then, reach out and demonstrate your thanks personally or through a troop-support organization. You can donate in-kind goods for care packages, or ask what they need to continue support of America's military, veterans and the families of our fallen heroes.
You may be surprised – some groups may ask for postage money to ship care packages to troops around the world; others may just ask you to spread the word — that America's military needs to be supported by one and all.
Pat Soler, National President
Blue Star Mothers of America Inc.
Walnut Creek, Calif.
- In our opinion: Divided 8-judge Supreme Court...
- John Florez: A father's heartbreaking letter
- Robert J. Samuelson: The Olympic sinkhole
- In our opinion: Finding – not forcing...
- Drew Clark: Will 2016 be the breakout year...
- My view: The supergentrification of Sugar House
- Michael Gerson: The Dalai Lama's path to peace
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: The 'bathroom...
- In our opinion: Finding – not... 79
- In our opinion: Divided 8-judge Supreme... 49
- Letter: Nothing is 'free' 43
- Those intolerable TSA security lines 21
- On Second Thought: A lighthearted look... 19
- My view: Patriotic Millionaires urges... 17
- My view: Biggest reason for physician... 17
- Drew Clark: Will 2016 be the breakout... 16