Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
As a member of America's communities, please stop and take a moment today, Armed Forces Day, to reflect on the sacrifices made, on your behalf, by our troops. Then, reach out and demonstrate your thanks personally or through a troop-support organization. You can donate in-kind goods for care packages, or ask what they need to continue support of America's military, veterans and the families of our fallen heroes.
You may be surprised – some groups may ask for postage money to ship care packages to troops around the world; others may just ask you to spread the word — that America's military needs to be supported by one and all.
Pat Soler, National President
Blue Star Mothers of America Inc.
Walnut Creek, Calif.
- Doug Robinson: Violence against women is...
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act needs...
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'?
- The relationship between religiosity and...
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- My view: A global warming solution to grow...
- Join the discussion: Is feminism misunderstood?
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah...
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 114
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act... 64
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious... 63
- My view: Balancing personal conviction... 53
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 51
- Letter: Policy disagreement 45
- In our opinion: Use market forces and... 35
- My view: A global warming solution to... 35