Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
As a member of America's communities, please stop and take a moment today, Armed Forces Day, to reflect on the sacrifices made, on your behalf, by our troops. Then, reach out and demonstrate your thanks personally or through a troop-support organization. You can donate in-kind goods for care packages, or ask what they need to continue support of America's military, veterans and the families of our fallen heroes.
You may be surprised – some groups may ask for postage money to ship care packages to troops around the world; others may just ask you to spread the word — that America's military needs to be supported by one and all.
Pat Soler, National President
Blue Star Mothers of America Inc.
Walnut Creek, Calif.
- In our opinion: Earmarks are becoming a...
- Letter: Elected representatives
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging
- In our opinion:: Nelson Mandela left legacy...
- If Iran truly wants only nuclear energy, it...
- The winners and the losers
- Letter: No limits
- Michael Gerson: Cancer has helped me see life...
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging 53
- In our opinion: U.S. schools still... 43
- Robert J. Samuelson: Economics lacks... 40
- Letter: Elected representatives 31
- George F. Will: Why Iran should be... 19
- Letter: No limits 19
- About Utah: His business is fun, games... 15
- Richard Davis: Don't turn A.G. into an... 11