EUGENE, Ore.— BYU softball's bats went cold as it was eliminated from the Eugene Regionals Friday in a 6-0 loss to Wisconsin at Howe Field.
BYU (33-25) had just two hits on the day to Wisconsin's eight and the Cougars struggled early on the mound. Tori Almondwas given the loss after giving up three earned runs in 2.1 innings. Hannah Howell replaced Almond and pitched 4.2 innings. She gave up one earned run on five hits. Bailie Hicken and Madisen Robbhad the lone hits for BYU.
SLCC SPLITS TWO AT NATIONALS: At St. George, SLCC (52-10) split a pair of contests at the National Junior College Athletic Association National Tournament on Friday. SLCC defeated Chipola College 12-0 in the afternoon contest and fell to Wallace State College 8-1 in the night cap. In the first game pitcher MaCauley Flint struck out nine Chipola batters and allowed one hit in a complete game effort, but got the loss in second game. Whitney Holt led the Bruins in the first game by going 3-for-4 with a double, a home run, two runs scored and four RBI.
BYU CLINCHES PLAYOFF SPOT: At Provo, Adam Law and a trio of BYU pitchers combined to lead BYU to a 6-3 victory over Saint Mary's College Friday night, clinching a spot in the West Coast Conference tournament. Law hit the game-winning RBI in the bottom of the fifth inning and added a solo home run shot in the eighth inning.
CASPER SHOOTS 70: At Pullman, Wash., Utah Valley's Mason Casper shot a 2-under par 70 Friday at the second round of the NCAA Golf Pullman and moved up 10 spots heading into Saturday's final round.
COUGARS MOVE UP: At Pullman, Wash., Justin Keiley shot a second round one-under 71 to help BYU to a ninth-place standing through 36 holes at the NCAA Golf Championships Pullman Regional Friday.
- The 16 most interesting college lists...
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit after ACC...
- Lone Peak guard, former BYU commit Jackson,...
- Austin Collie signs with CFL's BC Lions,...
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain Covey's...
- BYU basketball: Cougars shake up starting...
- BYU holds on for 78-74 win over San Francisco
- BYU basketball analysis: Cougars' big men...
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 60
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 35
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34
- Peavler: BYU's recent basketball... 19
- Morning links: Austin Collie denies... 19
- BYU's prolific offense undermined by... 16