I keep hearing about all the federal land in Utah and other states. Personally, I would like to see the bill of sales from all the states to the federal government. If there is none, it is state land. Doesn't anyone ever read the Constitution besides the Second Amendment? Section VIII in part reads: "...over all places purchased by consent of the Legislature of the State in which the same shall be, for the erection of forts, magazines, arsenals, dock-yards, and other needful buildings."
Note the words "purchased by consent of the Legislature of the State in which the same shall be." I say federal government, it's not yours but the states, or have I missed an amendment? Governors unite and inform the federal government it is states' land.
- In our opinion: Optimism in politics would be...
- Letter: BSA lacks a compass
- Kathleen Parker: Planned Parenthood relying...
- In our opinion: NASA's New Horizons opens up...
- Drew Clark: Utah prison volunteers provide a...
- Letter: Erratic protests
- About Utah: He never yelled, but he sure did...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Identifying...
- Letter: Eroding the BSA 68
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument... 47
- In our opinion: Time to phase out... 27
- In our opinion: After change to state... 25
- My view: Utah leaders, don't let EPA... 25
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to... 23
- Letter: Proper priority 23
- Letter: Voting like a liberal 22