I keep hearing about all the federal land in Utah and other states. Personally, I would like to see the bill of sales from all the states to the federal government. If there is none, it is state land. Doesn't anyone ever read the Constitution besides the Second Amendment? Section VIII in part reads: "...over all places purchased by consent of the Legislature of the State in which the same shall be, for the erection of forts, magazines, arsenals, dock-yards, and other needful buildings."
Note the words "purchased by consent of the Legislature of the State in which the same shall be." I say federal government, it's not yours but the states, or have I missed an amendment? Governors unite and inform the federal government it is states' land.
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation is like...
- In our opinion: The 3 levels of Christmas
- Reconnecting with Cuba is a good move —...
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net
- Letter: Patriots or sheep?
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: New Christmas...
- My view: Doing away with cursive is bad idea...
- My view: In the name of God?
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 63
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 45
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 44
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 35
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 34
- Letter: Patriots or serfs? 33
- My view: Torture, morality and the laws... 30