I keep hearing about all the federal land in Utah and other states. Personally, I would like to see the bill of sales from all the states to the federal government. If there is none, it is state land. Doesn't anyone ever read the Constitution besides the Second Amendment? Section VIII in part reads: "...over all places purchased by consent of the Legislature of the State in which the same shall be, for the erection of forts, magazines, arsenals, dock-yards, and other needful buildings."
Note the words "purchased by consent of the Legislature of the State in which the same shall be." I say federal government, it's not yours but the states, or have I missed an amendment? Governors unite and inform the federal government it is states' land.
- 20 of the most influential and innovative...
- Lois M. Collins: School start times are...
- Robert J. Samuelson: Do Democrats do it...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Same-sex...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Lessons learned from...
- Letter: Police brutality
- In our opinion: UTA to reconnect?
- Doug Robinson: When did Missouri turn into...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb:... 76
- Letter: Police brutality 58
- Whitt Flora: It's time to put U.S.... 35
- A. Scott Anderson: The world needs... 26
- Robert J. Samuelson: Do Democrats do it... 24
- Join the discussion: Is Rick Perry's... 23
- In our opinion: To be vigilant,... 23
- Letter: Parking questions 22