I keep hearing about all the federal land in Utah and other states. Personally, I would like to see the bill of sales from all the states to the federal government. If there is none, it is state land. Doesn't anyone ever read the Constitution besides the Second Amendment? Section VIII in part reads: "...over all places purchased by consent of the Legislature of the State in which the same shall be, for the erection of forts, magazines, arsenals, dock-yards, and other needful buildings."
Note the words "purchased by consent of the Legislature of the State in which the same shall be." I say federal government, it's not yours but the states, or have I missed an amendment? Governors unite and inform the federal government it is states' land.
- Most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum wage
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before...
- John Hoffmire: Fighting increasing health...
- Doug Robinson: The era of 'I'm sorry'
- The most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: What's to be...
- In our opinion: Aging without a family