I keep hearing about all the federal land in Utah and other states. Personally, I would like to see the bill of sales from all the states to the federal government. If there is none, it is state land. Doesn't anyone ever read the Constitution besides the Second Amendment? Section VIII in part reads: "...over all places purchased by consent of the Legislature of the State in which the same shall be, for the erection of forts, magazines, arsenals, dock-yards, and other needful buildings."
Note the words "purchased by consent of the Legislature of the State in which the same shall be." I say federal government, it's not yours but the states, or have I missed an amendment? Governors unite and inform the federal government it is states' land.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Dan Liljenquist: Detroit is sending a message...
- In our opinion: Refinery should be allowed to...
- In our opinion: Don't delay saving for...
- George F. Will: President Obama's epiphanies...
- Jay Evensen: Utah inversions — 100...
- Letter: Where's Al Gore?
- Letter: American billionaires
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 65
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 63
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 44
- Letter: American billionaires 38
- My view: Non-discrimination laws have a... 34
- In our opinion: No more 'Government... 33
- Can Mandela's legacy revive the GOP? 32
- Letter: Golden goose 31