I keep hearing about all the federal land in Utah and other states. Personally, I would like to see the bill of sales from all the states to the federal government. If there is none, it is state land. Doesn't anyone ever read the Constitution besides the Second Amendment? Section VIII in part reads: "...over all places purchased by consent of the Legislature of the State in which the same shall be, for the erection of forts, magazines, arsenals, dock-yards, and other needful buildings."
Note the words "purchased by consent of the Legislature of the State in which the same shall be." I say federal government, it's not yours but the states, or have I missed an amendment? Governors unite and inform the federal government it is states' land.
- Michael and Jenet Erickson: In marriage...
- In our opinion: 'If it ain't broke' ...
- Letter: Pulling down signs
- My view: Let's get Congress working again for...
- My view: U.S. faces grim future in Middle East
- My View: Children need mother and father
- Jay Evensen: Should Utah be in the Central...
- My view: It’s time for the brave to lead
- Jay Evensen: IRS abuses continue... 46
- Michael and Jenet Erickson: In marriage... 42
- Letter: Waiving rights 37
- The most important speech in Ronald... 36
- My view: Herbert should pick law... 32
- Letter: Common Core jeopardy 30
- My view: U.S. faces grim future in... 30
- Robert J. Samuelson: Wages stay... 29