"It's do or die, we got to win the next game," Anthony said. "But there's no need for anyone to hang their heads at this point. We've still got a game to play, we've still got to play basketball and we've got to do it being very confident and knowing and believing that we can do it."
How bad was this one?
New York tied the score at 14, then allowed the Pacers to go on a 9-2 run to make it 23-16 after one quarter. The Knicks never got as closer than five the rest of the way, and never led Tuesday night.
Instead, Indiana methodically extended the lead by fighting off New York rallies.
After the Knicks got within 35-30 in the second quarter, Indiana pulled way to make it 48-34 at halftime. When New York closed to 54-43 in the third, Indiana scored seven straight. And when the Knicks finally cut the deficit to 69-61 in the fourth, Indiana went on another 7-0 run to retake control.
But if the Pacers have learned anything over the past year, it's this: The series is not over.
"I think we have to go into New York like we're in an elimination game, like we're going about to get eliminated and play like we're down 1-3," Hill said. "I think if we do that and play with the same type of energy and passion that we played with tonight, we can come away with a win. But it's not going to be easy."
Notes: The defending WNBA champion Indiana Fever were honored during a break in the game. ... Miller, the former Pacers star working the game for TNT, waved to the crowd that was chanting his name after a highlight reel from a previous Pacers-Knicks series was shown on the replay board. ... Former Indy 500 winner Mario Andretti and Colts players Robert Mathis, Cory Redding and Samson Satele all attended the game. ... Smith and Anthony were a combined 16 of 45 from the field on Tuesday.
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- BYU offense offers sneak peek for fans in...
- Former longtime Utah Jazz broadcaster Hot Rod...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes as...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- BYU players work out at Pro Day in hopes of...
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in spite...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 102
- Guest commentary: Utah Jazz face an... 31
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 27
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 21
- Dick Harmon: Henderson joins other BYU... 20
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 16