"It's do or die, we got to win the next game," Anthony said. "But there's no need for anyone to hang their heads at this point. We've still got a game to play, we've still got to play basketball and we've got to do it being very confident and knowing and believing that we can do it."
How bad was this one?
New York tied the score at 14, then allowed the Pacers to go on a 9-2 run to make it 23-16 after one quarter. The Knicks never got as closer than five the rest of the way, and never led Tuesday night.
Instead, Indiana methodically extended the lead by fighting off New York rallies.
After the Knicks got within 35-30 in the second quarter, Indiana pulled way to make it 48-34 at halftime. When New York closed to 54-43 in the third, Indiana scored seven straight. And when the Knicks finally cut the deficit to 69-61 in the fourth, Indiana went on another 7-0 run to retake control.
But if the Pacers have learned anything over the past year, it's this: The series is not over.
"I think we have to go into New York like we're in an elimination game, like we're going about to get eliminated and play like we're down 1-3," Hill said. "I think if we do that and play with the same type of energy and passion that we played with tonight, we can come away with a win. But it's not going to be easy."
Notes: The defending WNBA champion Indiana Fever were honored during a break in the game. ... Miller, the former Pacers star working the game for TNT, waved to the crowd that was chanting his name after a highlight reel from a previous Pacers-Knicks series was shown on the replay board. ... Former Indy 500 winner Mario Andretti and Colts players Robert Mathis, Cory Redding and Samson Satele all attended the game. ... Smith and Anthony were a combined 16 of 45 from the field on Tuesday.
- Past few days 'difficult' for former...
- Defending champ Serena Williams at Wimbledon...
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 82
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 62
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- 10 takeaways from BYU football media day 25
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 20
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 20