I do not live in Sugarhouse but over many years I have driven along 1100 East/Highland Drive. I go to Sugarhouse for shopping and to the post office on 1100 East. I have looked over the situation on 1100 East and have mentally compared the width of 1100 East to, say, North Temple. North Temple in probably twice as wide and can handle the TRAX line there. I also drive North Temple often, and North Temple does not have the traffic that 1100 East has.
Putting a streetcar line along 1100 East is a crazy idea. Not only that, the city now must apply for federal funding. Where is that federal funding going to come from? Another loan from China? I stand with the opposing people of Sugarhouse on this issue and I vote.
Salt Lake City
- Most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- Doug Robinson: We are in the midst of an era...
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum wage
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it
- Michael Gerson: The gospel according to JC...
- Robert J. Samuelson: Government programs...
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before...
- John Hoffmire: Fighting increasing health...
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 62
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 47
- Letter: Doctors unite 40
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 40
- Letter: Elected representatives 36
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not... 30
- Michael E. Kraft: Yes, Congress should... 22
- Letter: No limits 20