As a 20-year career health agent, I think Obamacare is a trainwreck waiting to happen. It is a bill 2700 pages long that apparently was never read or understood by anyone in Congress and is now followed by 75,000 pages of rules and processes and 100 agency and committee structures.
Because of Obamacare, premiums are through the roof and expected to double again during the months ahead. Studies and analyses from the Congressional Budget Office, independent actuaries, state insurance commissioners, health plans, benefit consultants and others come to the same conclusion: It is a monstrosity that will eventually collapse under its own weight.
I applaud any effort by the GOP to derail/defund this inivetable "trainwreck." There are other comparatively low-cost solutions to our health care dilemma.
Karl R. Gillette
- Greg Bell: The problem of being a conservative
- Mike Noel: Utah leads out on win-win solution...
- Michael Gerson: The Iran deal: Obama is...
- Letter: Wrong tax approach
- Utah's 'grand bargain' stands in sharp...
- In our opinion: Disrupted by email and the...
- Letter: Changing environment
- Cedric Nicholson: Have women become forgotten...
- Ralph Hancock: Religious freedom and... 75
- Letter: Wrong wage approach 47
- Letter: No more hungry kids 41
- Kathleen Parker: Hillary Clinton's... 40
- Greg Bell: The problem of being a... 35
- Utah's 'grand bargain' stands in sharp... 34
- Letter: Unemployment compensation 32
- Letter: Intimate caucus system 27