As a 20-year career health agent, I think Obamacare is a trainwreck waiting to happen. It is a bill 2700 pages long that apparently was never read or understood by anyone in Congress and is now followed by 75,000 pages of rules and processes and 100 agency and committee structures.
Because of Obamacare, premiums are through the roof and expected to double again during the months ahead. Studies and analyses from the Congressional Budget Office, independent actuaries, state insurance commissioners, health plans, benefit consultants and others come to the same conclusion: It is a monstrosity that will eventually collapse under its own weight.
I applaud any effort by the GOP to derail/defund this inivetable "trainwreck." There are other comparatively low-cost solutions to our health care dilemma.
Karl R. Gillette
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging
- Nelson Mandela left legacy of freedom and faith
- In our opinion: Earmarks are becoming a...
- In our opinion: U.S. schools still separate...
- Letter: Elected representatives
- If Iran truly wants only nuclear energy, it...
- George F. Will: Why Iran should be contained
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging 48
- In our opinion: U.S. schools still... 43
- Robert J. Samuelson: Economics lacks... 40
- Charles Krauthammer: The real problem... 37
- Letter: Preventative care 29
- Robert Bennett: 'Nuclear option' ends... 27
- George F. Will: Why Iran should be... 18
- Letter: Elected representatives 18