As a 20-year career health agent, I think Obamacare is a trainwreck waiting to happen. It is a bill 2700 pages long that apparently was never read or understood by anyone in Congress and is now followed by 75,000 pages of rules and processes and 100 agency and committee structures.
Because of Obamacare, premiums are through the roof and expected to double again during the months ahead. Studies and analyses from the Congressional Budget Office, independent actuaries, state insurance commissioners, health plans, benefit consultants and others come to the same conclusion: It is a monstrosity that will eventually collapse under its own weight.
I applaud any effort by the GOP to derail/defund this inivetable "trainwreck." There are other comparatively low-cost solutions to our health care dilemma.
Karl R. Gillette
- Lois M. Collins: Some think women are...
- Who was the most narcissistic president?
- Classical liberalism offers sole durable...
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test?
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Taking a leap of...
- W. Bradford Wilcox: The new progressive...
- In our opinion: Are we too pessimistic about...
- My view: 'Single issue' voters should...
- W. Bradford Wilcox: The new progressive... 48
- Letter: Bush dilemma 2.0 42
- Lois M. Collins: Some think women are... 36
- In our opinion: Don't 'Army-ize' local... 31
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test? 28
- George F. Will: Obama needs Congress to... 27
- In our opinion: How committed are... 27
- Classical liberalism offers sole... 27