As a 20-year career health agent, I think Obamacare is a trainwreck waiting to happen. It is a bill 2700 pages long that apparently was never read or understood by anyone in Congress and is now followed by 75,000 pages of rules and processes and 100 agency and committee structures.
Because of Obamacare, premiums are through the roof and expected to double again during the months ahead. Studies and analyses from the Congressional Budget Office, independent actuaries, state insurance commissioners, health plans, benefit consultants and others come to the same conclusion: It is a monstrosity that will eventually collapse under its own weight.
I applaud any effort by the GOP to derail/defund this inivetable "trainwreck." There are other comparatively low-cost solutions to our health care dilemma.
Karl R. Gillette
- 33 Mark Twain quotes that prove he was an...
- Dan Liljenquist: Rights vs. privileges...
- Jay Evensen: Unfortunately, Canada may never...
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a liberal?
- Charles Krauthammer: The nation expects...
- Michael Gerson: The new impression of Ebola...
- My view: The best legislation meets all sides
- A. Scott Anderson: Give students skills that...
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 152
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a... 73
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation... 43
- Dan Liljenquist: Rights vs. privileges... 34
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 30
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell 29
- Letter: Uninformed candidate 27
- My view: Congress must tackle tough issues 24