Laura Seitz, Deseret News
WASHINGTON — Senator Mike Lee (R-UT) shared the following statement regarding the verdict in the Kermit Gosnell case:
"This case has always been about more than one man. Its about an unaccountable industry that for too long has preyed upon the vulnerable and the innocent. We must take steps in coming months and years to end the decades of corruption and violence in America's late-term abortion industry. Whatever our views on abortion rights, we can all agree no one has the right to operate an unsanitary, unsafe abortion clinic, and government at all levels has a compelling interest in protecting innocent women and children from anyone who would."
Senator Lee will discuss this case today at 6:00pm ET on Fox News with Bret Baier.
- A decade after welcoming wind, states reconsider
- 4 eccentric billionaire spending habits
- Chaffetz calls Secret Service resignation...
- Charging documents show Phelps DUI tied to...
- Jail ordered for Idaho man in FLDS abuse case
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Man with Ebola virus flew roundabout trip to US
- Saudi overhaul reshapes Islam's holiest city...
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 40
- Obama: US 'underestimated' Islamic... 24
- New mom Chelsea Clinton celebrates baby... 15
- Marijuana could deliver more than $800... 14
- Obama seeks traction on economy amid... 14
- Police: Fired worker beheaded Oklahoma... 13
- Chaffetz calls Secret Service... 13
- Obama goal of Gitmo closure stalled at... 10