Laura Seitz, Deseret News
WASHINGTON — Senator Mike Lee (R-UT) shared the following statement regarding the verdict in the Kermit Gosnell case:
"This case has always been about more than one man. Its about an unaccountable industry that for too long has preyed upon the vulnerable and the innocent. We must take steps in coming months and years to end the decades of corruption and violence in America's late-term abortion industry. Whatever our views on abortion rights, we can all agree no one has the right to operate an unsanitary, unsafe abortion clinic, and government at all levels has a compelling interest in protecting innocent women and children from anyone who would."
Senator Lee will discuss this case today at 6:00pm ET on Fox News with Bret Baier.
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving door...
- Scholarship lotteries, popular with everyone,...
- Vikings place Adrian Peterson on exempt list,...
- Wearing this one thing can help boost a...
- Striking or spanking a child is not a...
- Top 15 states for education
- US tobacco growers brace for tougher competition
- School police stock up on free military gear
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving... 68
- US wealth gap putting the squeeze on... 26
- Obama 'confident' of Islamic State... 19
- Utah's Gov. Gary Herbert eyes more... 12
- Chicago, NY, Hawaii on Obama library's... 12
- President Obama: Ebola outbreak a... 12
- School police stock up on free military... 9
- US won't rule out working with Iran... 6