Ravell Call, Deseret News
We applaud the efforts of everyone involved in the Sugarhouse Streetcar project. It has been a pleasure working with planners at Salt Lake City, the construction company Stacey and Wittbeck, UDOT, SLC sanitary district and UTA. They have all gone out of their way to accommodate us and keep our best interests in mind during the construction process. The streetcar line will not only be a great asset to our business, but to all of Sugarhouse.
Close to $500 million in private investment is already committed for new infrastructure. In the past 11 years since the streetcar was started in Portland, more than $10 billion in private money has been invested in new projects. Inner-city blighted areas are rejuvenated and Portland is now once again a vibrant city.
We look forward to having the streetcar up and running.
Phil Blomquist, Bicycle Center
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift...
- My view: Drafting women a threat to religious...
- Richard Davis: What will Americans sacrifice...
- Derek B. Miller: It's my party and I'll decry...
- In our opinion: Politics and ISIS
- Jay Evensen: The IOC demonstrates again why...
- Letter: Cruz took a stand
- Letter: Acting presidential
- Letter: Guns in America 64
- In our opinion: Planned Parenthood... 49
- Richard Davis: What will Americans... 47
- My view: What message does Melania's... 35
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift... 34
- Letter: Acting presidential 31
- Dan Liljenquist: Presidential politics... 31
- Letter: Cruz took a stand 30