Ravell Call, Deseret News
We applaud the efforts of everyone involved in the Sugarhouse Streetcar project. It has been a pleasure working with planners at Salt Lake City, the construction company Stacey and Wittbeck, UDOT, SLC sanitary district and UTA. They have all gone out of their way to accommodate us and keep our best interests in mind during the construction process. The streetcar line will not only be a great asset to our business, but to all of Sugarhouse.
Close to $500 million in private investment is already committed for new infrastructure. In the past 11 years since the streetcar was started in Portland, more than $10 billion in private money has been invested in new projects. Inner-city blighted areas are rejuvenated and Portland is now once again a vibrant city.
We look forward to having the streetcar up and running.
Phil Blomquist, Bicycle Center
- In our opinion: Paul Ryan's promising...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Becoming mentally...
- Involve Utahns in national monument designations
- Perceptions of Obama and his policies at home...
- Letter: Welfare reform
- Legitimate, productive businesses are...
- My view: Utah's Constitution requires state...
- In our opinion: Federal contracting executive...
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act... 80
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'? 54
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 51
- In our opinion: Paul Ryan's promising... 50
- Capitalism and the common good:... 43
- Join the discussion: Is feminism... 39
- In our opinion: Timing is right for the... 39
- My view: A global warming solution to... 36