Ravell Call, Deseret News
We applaud the efforts of everyone involved in the Sugarhouse Streetcar project. It has been a pleasure working with planners at Salt Lake City, the construction company Stacey and Wittbeck, UDOT, SLC sanitary district and UTA. They have all gone out of their way to accommodate us and keep our best interests in mind during the construction process. The streetcar line will not only be a great asset to our business, but to all of Sugarhouse.
Close to $500 million in private investment is already committed for new infrastructure. In the past 11 years since the streetcar was started in Portland, more than $10 billion in private money has been invested in new projects. Inner-city blighted areas are rejuvenated and Portland is now once again a vibrant city.
We look forward to having the streetcar up and running.
Phil Blomquist, Bicycle Center
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games' —...
- In our opinion: Perry indictment a concern
- In our opinion: Most Americans struggling to...
- Jay Evensen: Marijuana acceptance will lead...
- Letter: Irreparable damage
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an impoverished...
- Join the discussion: Is bipartisanship making...
- Everything you need to know about the...
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games'... 78
- Robert Bennett: Contrary to Krugman,... 61
- Letter: Utah's birthright 46
- In our opinion: Avoid blurring the line... 46
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult... 42
- Letter: Irreparable damage 41
- Michael Gerson: Rand Paul's bogus outreach 37
- Letter: Protected lands 36