Ravell Call, Deseret News
We applaud the efforts of everyone involved in the Sugarhouse Streetcar project. It has been a pleasure working with planners at Salt Lake City, the construction company Stacey and Wittbeck, UDOT, SLC sanitary district and UTA. They have all gone out of their way to accommodate us and keep our best interests in mind during the construction process. The streetcar line will not only be a great asset to our business, but to all of Sugarhouse.
Close to $500 million in private investment is already committed for new infrastructure. In the past 11 years since the streetcar was started in Portland, more than $10 billion in private money has been invested in new projects. Inner-city blighted areas are rejuvenated and Portland is now once again a vibrant city.
We look forward to having the streetcar up and running.
Phil Blomquist, Bicycle Center
- Jay Evensen: Obama's comedy appearance...
- In our opinion: Unfinished legislative...
- My view: The 'resource curse' and rush for...
- My view: The sage grouse is worth protecting
- Will November be a referendum on Obamacare?
- Richard Davis: Russia should be stopped from...
- Letter: Fixing traffic lights
- Lockhart's iPad-in-every-backpack plan lacked...
- It doesn't have to be hard for... 60
- In our opinion: Obama's immigration... 52
- Letter: End daylight saving time 45
- Obama shows his funny side while... 40
- Libertarian wave wins big at CPAC 34
- Letter: Invite the divine 32
- Jay Evensen: Obama's comedy appearance... 31
- My view: SB54 will politically and... 30