High school sports: Results from Saturday's baseball, softball and boy's soccer games
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
EMERY 15, PAROWAN 9: Emery came back from a 5-0 deficit.
2A ONE-LOSS BRACKET
PAROWAN 16, KANAB 4
3A WINNERS BRACKET
SNOW CANYON 5, SPANISH FORK 4
CANYON VIEW 3, PARK CITY 0
CARBON 5, DIXIE 0: Carbon blanked Dixie to advance through the winners bracket of the 3A state tournament.
3A ONE-LOSS BRACKET
MORGAN 14, UINTAH 4: Morgan's Lantzen Toomer went 4-for-4 with three triples, one double and a walk to help in the blowout win over Uintah.
WASATCH 6, GRANTSVILLE 2: Wasatch scored three runs in the bottom of the sixth to pull away from Grantsville for a victory in the one-loss bracket of the 3A state tournament.
BEAR RIVER 10, JUAB 1: Hunter Porritt picked up the victory to lead Bear River to the victory in the one-loss bracket.
JUAN DIEGO 9, STANSBURY 7: Juan Diego scored nine unanswered runs after falling behind 7-0 to advanced in the one-loss bracket of the 3A state tournament.
3A FIRST ROUND
DESERT HILLS 6, GRANTSVILLE 3: Baden Powell earned the win on the mound in the first round of 3A playoffs.
CARBON 7, JUAN DIEGO 6
DIXIE 6, STANSBURY 5
SNOW CANYON 11, MORGAN 1: Brogan Secrist enjoyed a strong game on the mound as Snow Canyon rolled past Morgan in the first round of the 3A state tournament at Spanish Fork.
PARK CITY 14, JUAB 2
CANYON VIEW 8, BEAR RIVER 7
SPANISH FORK 4, UINTAH 3: Spanish Fork scored the winning run in the bottom of the seventh to hold off upset-minded Uintah in the first round of the 3A state tournament. Maverick Buffo picked up the win for the Dons.
PROVO 11, HERRIMAN 6: Provo went on the road and knocked off Herriman in nine innings to clinch the final berth in next week's 16-team 4A state tournament.
AMERICAN LEADERSHIP 3, MANTI 1: Hector Martinez scored two early goals, Titi Chichia added the second-half cushion, and goalkeeper Anson Gwilliam blocked a Manti PK to secure the first ever state championship for American Leadership Academy.
WASATCH 1, PARK CITY 0: Cesar Vargas scored the only goal of the game and the Wasps beat Park City for the third time this season to win their second 3A state title in three years.
HILLCREST 2, HERRIMAN 1: Hillcrest topped Herriman at Jordan High School on Saturday to clinch the No. 4 seed from Region 7 in the play-in game.
- High school boys basketball: TJ Haws' career...
- BYU basketball: Despite dearth of 3-pointers,...
- High school boys basketball: Bountiful...
- Duke's Jabari Parker faces tough stay-or-go...
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up short...
- Tournament central: 5A boys championship live...
- Dick Harmon: Kyle Collinsworth's career game...
- High school boys basketball: Underdog...
- Utah basketball: Utes clip Cal in... 83
- High school boys basketball: 5A/4A/1A... 57
- BYU football: Practice fights elicit... 56
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 53
- BYU baseball: BYU beats Utah, 20-3 47
- Doug Robinson: Time to move on for... 43
- BYU basketball: Despite dearth of... 30
- CougarLinks: BYU picked to win WCC... 28