Tom Smart, Tom Smart, Deseret News
Should our top cop, John Swallow, not be put on paid administrative leave pending the investigation of his alleged wrongdoings? Is there no law or regulation allowing for this? Even though he is presumed innocent pending the investigation, recent polls by BYU show his public has lost much of its faith in him and thus his ongoing work as Attorney General. Any other peace officer would be removed from the line of duty until allegations of wrongdoing were resolved.
- Jay Evensen: Open wide and swallow your tax...
- In our opinion: SB296 bridges...
- Robert J. Samuelson: Net neutrality could...
- George F. Will: IRS continues to act in...
- Dan Liljenquist: Looking to the Supreme Court...
- Natalie Gochnour: The best of Utah...
- Letter: Political police work
- Letter: Why such controversy?
- Bob Bennett: Climate change question... 97
- Letter: Same stale air 48
- My view: Common Core tests erode... 41
- Letter: Mandated freedom 37
- In our opinion: SB296 bridges... 30
- Dan Liljenquist: Looking to the Supreme... 29
- In our opinion: Talking of tax reform... 28
- Letter: Who's against Healthy Utah? 28