Tom Smart, Tom Smart, Deseret News
Should our top cop, John Swallow, not be put on paid administrative leave pending the investigation of his alleged wrongdoings? Is there no law or regulation allowing for this? Even though he is presumed innocent pending the investigation, recent polls by BYU show his public has lost much of its faith in him and thus his ongoing work as Attorney General. Any other peace officer would be removed from the line of duty until allegations of wrongdoing were resolved.
- Letter: Marijuana, an evil plant
- Dan Liljenquist: Credit Utah's Sen. Lee as...
- In Our Opinion: IRS data breach is...
- Letter: Keep money in Draper
- Letter: Veneer of patriotism
- My view: Yes, Iran jails people for their...
- My view: Utah needs Congress to act on...
- Jay Evensen: In a smart-car future, what...
- Letter: Marijuana, an evil plant 65
- David Jensen: Humans are responsible... 52
- Jay Evensen: Utah's prosperity is... 30
- Letter: Regulating marijuana 29
- Richard Davis: Another conflict of... 23
- Dan Liljenquist: Credit Utah's Sen. Lee... 19
- Letter: Sharing the road 19
- My view: Higher ed students can better... 18