Tom Smart, Tom Smart, Deseret News
Should our top cop, John Swallow, not be put on paid administrative leave pending the investigation of his alleged wrongdoings? Is there no law or regulation allowing for this? Even though he is presumed innocent pending the investigation, recent polls by BYU show his public has lost much of its faith in him and thus his ongoing work as Attorney General. Any other peace officer would be removed from the line of duty until allegations of wrongdoing were resolved.
- Doug Robinson: Making sense of retired...
- Who said it: Reagan or Clinton?
- Jay Evensen: Forest Service photo rules are...
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage hurts...
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run for...
- Letter: Sluggish global warming
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: For my grandpa
- Letter: Campaign disservice
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage... 107
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run... 67
- John Hoffmire: Save capitalism by... 47
- In our opinion: Here's how the Obama... 41
- Drew Clark: Either view of marriage... 40
- Letter: Sluggish global warming 32
- Robert Bennett: Make climate... 30
- Letter: Enforcing the dress code 30