Tom Smart, Tom Smart, Deseret News
Should our top cop, John Swallow, not be put on paid administrative leave pending the investigation of his alleged wrongdoings? Is there no law or regulation allowing for this? Even though he is presumed innocent pending the investigation, recent polls by BYU show his public has lost much of its faith in him and thus his ongoing work as Attorney General. Any other peace officer would be removed from the line of duty until allegations of wrongdoing were resolved.
- Most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum wage
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before...
- John Hoffmire: Fighting increasing health...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: What's to be...
- In our opinion: Aging without a family
- The most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- My view: Utah needs to expand Medicaid
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging 58
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 53
- Letter: Doctors unite 39
- Letter: Elected representatives 36
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 29
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not... 23
- George F. Will: Why Iran should be... 20
- Letter: No limits 20