Tom Smart, Tom Smart, Deseret News
Should our top cop, John Swallow, not be put on paid administrative leave pending the investigation of his alleged wrongdoings? Is there no law or regulation allowing for this? Even though he is presumed innocent pending the investigation, recent polls by BYU show his public has lost much of its faith in him and thus his ongoing work as Attorney General. Any other peace officer would be removed from the line of duty until allegations of wrongdoing were resolved.
- Most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum wage
- In our opinion: Aging without a family
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: What's to be...
- John Hoffmire: Fighting increasing health...
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before...
- My view: Utah needs to expand Medicaid
- Charles Krauthammer: U.S. refuses to support...
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging 58
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 48
- Letter: Doctors unite 38
- Letter: Elected representatives 36
- George F. Will: Why Iran should be... 20
- Letter: No limits 20
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 19
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not... 18