Tom Smart, Tom Smart, Deseret News
Should our top cop, John Swallow, not be put on paid administrative leave pending the investigation of his alleged wrongdoings? Is there no law or regulation allowing for this? Even though he is presumed innocent pending the investigation, recent polls by BYU show his public has lost much of its faith in him and thus his ongoing work as Attorney General. Any other peace officer would be removed from the line of duty until allegations of wrongdoing were resolved.
- 10 children's movies with rumored political...
- My view: SB54 will politically and culturally...
- Charles Krauthammer: The president's foreign...
- In our opinion: Obama's immigration...
- A Hobson's choice: Religious freedom in the...
- About Utah: Company helps show 'you don't win...
- Letter: End daylight saving time
- Libertarian wave wins big at CPAC
- Charles Krauthammer: The president's... 59
- Letter: End daylight saving time 39
- In our opinion: Boy Scouts of America... 35
- Was Hillary right to compare Putin to... 34
- Sen. Ted Cruz opens 2014 CPAC with... 31
- A Hobson's choice: Religious freedom in... 31
- Letter: A 'dying' document 27
- In our opinion: Obama's immigration... 27