Ann Heisenfelt, Associated Press
Davis County students Quin Stewart, Hunter Davis and Mac Johnson bested more than 625 teams from around the country to win a spot in the 2013 Team America Rocketry Challenge, where they'll be competing for a national title scholarship money and a chance to participate in NASA's Student Launch Initiative.
The competition will take place on May 11, with students attempting to propel a rocket carrying a raw egg to 750 feet before returning the egg unbrokento the ground in 48 to 50 seconds.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Teen who spends his nights taking care of his...
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered assurances...
- Police: Body of man missing since March found
- Oldest giraffe in North America dies at Hogle...
- Zion's Hidden Canyon Trail to close for...
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 97
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 39
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 32
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 18
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- South Jordan's FrontRunner-oriented... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9