Ann Heisenfelt, Associated Press
Davis County students Quin Stewart, Hunter Davis and Mac Johnson bested more than 625 teams from around the country to win a spot in the 2013 Team America Rocketry Challenge, where they'll be competing for a national title scholarship money and a chance to participate in NASA's Student Launch Initiative.
The competition will take place on May 11, with students attempting to propel a rocket carrying a raw egg to 750 feet before returning the egg unbrokento the ground in 48 to 50 seconds.
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Precedents — and exceptions — to...
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- The truth about addiction
- Missing 18-month-old Layton boy found...
- Man injured in police shooting identified
- 'Teacherpreneur,' a new role in the world of...
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 68
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 49
- Federal judge halts Herbert directive... 39
- New Medicaid expansion plan unveiled to... 27
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 23
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19