Ann Heisenfelt, Associated Press
Davis County students Quin Stewart, Hunter Davis and Mac Johnson bested more than 625 teams from around the country to win a spot in the 2013 Team America Rocketry Challenge, where they'll be competing for a national title scholarship money and a chance to participate in NASA's Student Launch Initiative.
The competition will take place on May 11, with students attempting to propel a rocket carrying a raw egg to 750 feet before returning the egg unbrokento the ground in 48 to 50 seconds.
- Former Gov. Norm Bangerter remembered as man...
- Pornography conference probes perils, solutions
- Redefining college: How associate degrees...
- Orem pediatrician 'happy' to help...
- Q and A: The business of being Moab
- Cheerleading coach who worked as youth...
- Motorcyclist dies after collision near Utah Lake
- County clerks in Utah poring over new law on...
- End of an era: Mercury rule shutters... 57
- Sen. Hatch's 'I-Squared' bill could... 27
- BYU ranked 'best value college' in Utah 26
- Herbert to meet with Obama... 23
- April snow shocks Utahns but does... 20
- Wild, windy, wet weather wallops... 17
- Utah Rep. Mia Love raises $440K in... 17
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz: Drug Enforcement... 15