SALT LAKE CITY — Data-center technology company Fusion-io Inc. said Wednesday that the two co-founders of the company, president and CEO David Flynn and Chief Marketing Officer Rick White, have resigned.
The company's shares plunged almost 19 percent. It develops computer storage memory platforms.
Fusion-io said Flynn is leaving to "pursue entrepreneurial investing activities," and White will join him. The two men have agreed to stay on the board of directors and continue to advise Fusion-io over the next year.
Company director Shane Robison is replacing Flynn and president and CEO.
Fusion-io shares dropped $3.41, or 18.9 percent, to $14.59 in trading Wednesday after touching a new low of $13.13 earlier in the session.
White was Fusion-io's CEO from its founding in December 2005 until 2008, and he has been chief marketing officer since 2008. Flynn was president of the company from its founding until February 2009. He became president and CEO in March 2010 and was named chairman in May 2011.
Robison, 59, was in charge of strategy and technology for PC maker Hewlett-Packard Co. from May 2002 to November 2011. He has been on the Fusion-io board since December 2011.
Fusion-io has announced two executive shifts this month. On May 1 the company named Pankaj Mehra to the role of chief technology officer and said its former CTO, Neil Carson, was relinquishing the role to become the head of the company's Asia-Pacific unit.
On Wednesday, Fusion-io backed its guidance for the fourth quarter and the current fiscal year, saying it expects $435 million in annual revenue. Analysts expect $435.7 million, according to FactSet.
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- World-renowned rock art in Utah is younger...
- Wet, cool August delivered more than twice...
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Family of fallen officer Derek Johnson...
- Circleville farmers scratching their heads...
- No timeline announced yet for Cottonwood Mall...
- Why would a parent abandon a child? A look at...
- Attorney general deciding whether to... 41
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh... 39
- Newborn found in trash can brings call... 34
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Parents say daughter didn't understand... 22
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Winning plaintiffs in 3 states want... 14