Thursday's Utah high school sports roundup for baseball, boys soccer and softball
EMERY 4, MILLARD 3: The Spartans advanced to the semifinals.
KANAB 5, GRAND 4: The Cowboys advanced to the semifinals.
PAROWAN 9, NORTH SEVIER 5: Parowan advanced in the one-loss bracket with a victory over North Sevier.
SAN JUAN 6, RICHFIELD 5: After blowing a four-run lead in the bottom of the seventh, San Juan's Barkley Christensen drove in the game-winning run in the top of the eighth as the Broncos advanced past Richfield in the one-loss bracket. After scoring four runs in the bottom of the seventh, Richfield was in prime position to win it with bases loaded and no outs, but it couldn't bring the winning run home.
PAROWAN 5, SAN JUAN 2: Parowan jumped out to an early lead against San Juan and then held on to advance through the 2A one-loss bracket with its second victory on Thursday.
BEAVER 5, MANTI 0: Beaver kept its state title hopes alive with an impressive shutout victory.
MANTI 8, GUNNISON 1
BEAVER 9, ENTERPRISE 2
WEBER 5, NORTHRIDGE 0: Tyler Arrington pitched the complete-game shutout with six Ks to pace Weber past Northridge in region play.
SYRACUSE 4, DAVIS 3: Chase Baurele's hit in the bottom of the eighth inning brought home the winning run for Syracuse. Jason Jourdan earned the win from the hill for the Titans.
LAYTON 4, FREMONT 1: Layton clinched a share of the Region 1 title with a victory at Fremont.
BONNEVILLE 7, BOX ELDER 6: Bonneville scored two runs in the bottom of the seventh inning to escape with the narrow victory against Box Elder. Will Heward led the way for the Lakers with three hits, while Dakota Buckway picked up the win on the mound.
ROY 6, SKY VIEW 5: Roy held-off Sky View's five-run rally in the top of the seventh inning to escape with the region victory. Braxton Patton earned the win from the mound for the Royals.
WOODS CROSS 9, CYPRUS 8: Woods Cross wrapped up the regular season with a come-from-behind victory over Cyprus at Spring Mobile Ballpark.
OREM 8, SPRINGVILLE 2: Orem rolled past Springville in the first game of the Region 8 three-way state tournament play-in game. Next is Provo with the No. 5 seed on the line.
PROVO 10, OREM 5: Provo clinched the final playoff spot from Region 5 with a strong win over Orem.
DAVIS 1, WEBER 0: The Darts topped Weber on the last day of the regular season, finishing in a fourth-place tie with Northridge for the last playoff spot. Davis and Northridge will have a play-in game at Davis on Friday at 5 p.m.
FREMONT 1, LAYTON 1: Layton and Fremont shared the points in the final Region 1 game of the season, a result good enough to clinch the Lancers the region title.
- Heisman Trophy tracker, week 5: Taysom Hill...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- BYU football: LB commit Jeremiah Ieremia says...
- Honoring a legend: BYU star quarterback Jim...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- BYU Cougars video: Jeff Call tells us what to...
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 291
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 93
- Things won't get any easier for... 81
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 57
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 44
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37