WASHINGTON — Britain's Prince Harry toured an exhibition about land mines, a cause dear to his late mother, Princess Diana, to open a weeklong U.S. visit devoted to the wounded victims of war.
For the prince, the tour in the halls of Congress was a world away from the Afghanistan war zone where he recently served for 20 weeks in an attack helicopter. It was just as far removed from his hijinks in a Las Vegas hotel room last year, when fuzzy photos got out of a naked Harry playing strip billiards.
One of America's most storied wounded warriors, Republican Sen. John McCain, escorted Harry at the exhibition. On Friday, the prince visits Arlington National Cemetery and Walter Reed National Military Medical Center before flying to Colorado for the 2013 Warrior Games.
- For a waitress, sexual harassment is an...
- California orders churches, others to pay for...
- After 1st Ebola case in NYC, 3 others...
- Two Christian ministers refuse to perform...
- US: IS earns $1M per day in black market oil...
- White House fence jumper charged with assault
- Threat to break isolation in Liberia over food
- #ThrowbackThursday: Why do we love the '90s?
- Two Christian ministers refuse to... 116
- California orders churches, others to... 25
- Wyoming prepares to legalize same-sex... 23
- On campaign trail, Obama says GOP is... 19
- Expelled Nazis got millions in Social... 10
- Chairman of Becket Fund for Religious... 10
- This type of high school can increase... 8
- For a waitress, sexual harassment is an... 8