SAN DIEGO — The lead singer of heavy metal band As I Lay Dying has been charged with plotting to kill his estranged wife.
San Diego County district attorney spokeswoman Tanya Sierra said a single felony count of solicitation of murder was filed against Tim Lambesis late Wednesday.
Lambesis is scheduled to be arraigned Thursday afternoon.
Police say Lambesis tried to hire a hitman, but the would-be killer was actually an undercover detective in a sting operation set up after law enforcement received a tip about the plot.
- Texas' Perry says disparaging tweet unauthorized
- 'Guardians' stays atop cinemas amid worst...
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Common Core,...
- 5 takeaways from a punch-less summer box office
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh Hewitt...
- Feds eye stricter rules for railroad rights...
- Lawmakers: Islamic State groups wants to hit US
- Saudi king says terrorists will reach Europe...
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh... 39
- 10 things to know about corporate... 32
- Obama tamps down prospect of strikes in... 16
- Winning plaintiffs in 3 states want... 14
- Saudi king says terrorists will reach... 13
- It's about time the government... 12
- Freelancers and millennials help usher... 11
- House, Senate intel chiefs press White... 10