SAN DIEGO — The lead singer of heavy metal band As I Lay Dying has been charged with plotting to kill his estranged wife.
San Diego County district attorney spokeswoman Tanya Sierra said a single felony count of solicitation of murder was filed against Tim Lambesis late Wednesday.
Lambesis is scheduled to be arraigned Thursday afternoon.
Police say Lambesis tried to hire a hitman, but the would-be killer was actually an undercover detective in a sting operation set up after law enforcement received a tip about the plot.
- 10 things to know about corporate inversions
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh Hewitt...
- It's about time the government recognize the...
- Freelancers and millennials help usher in the...
- John Lennon's killer: My life is all about...
- Student evades monitors, spreads Ebola to...
- Obama tamps down prospect of strikes in Syria
- Mexico authorities stage midnight migrant raid
- A New York Times article said Michael... 43
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh... 36
- 10 things to know about corporate... 32
- For the first time in American history,... 30
- Doug Robinson: When did Missouri turn... 25
- Obama tamps down prospect of strikes in... 15
- Why the poverty cycle is harder to... 15
- Winning plaintiffs in 3 states want... 14