SAN DIEGO — The lead singer of heavy metal band As I Lay Dying has been charged with plotting to kill his estranged wife.
San Diego County district attorney spokeswoman Tanya Sierra said a single felony count of solicitation of murder was filed against Tim Lambesis late Wednesday.
Lambesis is scheduled to be arraigned Thursday afternoon.
Police say Lambesis tried to hire a hitman, but the would-be killer was actually an undercover detective in a sting operation set up after law enforcement received a tip about the plot.
- For a waitress, sexual harassment is an...
- After 1st Ebola case in NYC, 3 others...
- 2 dead, including gunman, in Washington State...
- California orders churches, others to pay for...
- Two Christian ministers refuse to perform...
- Guantanamo prisoners in protest over women...
- White House fence jumper charged with assault
- Threat to break isolation in Liberia over food
- Two Christian ministers refuse to... 116
- California orders churches, others to... 25
- Wyoming prepares to legalize same-sex... 23
- On campaign trail, Obama says GOP is... 19
- Chairman of Becket Fund for Religious... 11
- Expelled Nazis got millions in Social... 10
- This type of high school can increase... 8
- For a waitress, sexual harassment is an... 8