The Arizona Republic, Michael Chow) MARICOPA COUNTY OUT; MAGS OUT; NO SALES, Associated Press
Ben B. Booth continues to ignore facts — the borders are more secure now than ever in our recent history ("Secure borders first," May 5). More individuals have been deported in the previous four years than in the entire Bush administration. Not securing the borders is a political refrain for not wanting to support comprehensive immigration reform. (President Reagan did it.) Our economic security, our social stability and our world moral leadership has been, and is now, based on compassion and logic: They are not founded on ignorance of facts and mouthing of slogans associated with myths.
M. Donald Thomas, Executive Director, Public Education Support Group
Salt Lake City
- Disputes over specialized license plates...
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change...
- My view: Chaffetz named ‘politician of...
- In our opinion: Water, a precious commodity
- Lessons from 'Christmas Carol'
- Letter: Monolingual minorities
- Dan Liljenquist: Being good for goodness sake
- Charles Krauthammer: Democrats use... 78
- In our opinion: Police training should... 45
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 44
- Robert Bennett: More political... 36
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Letter: Patriots or serfs? 33
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 32
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 30