The Arizona Republic, Michael Chow) MARICOPA COUNTY OUT; MAGS OUT; NO SALES, Associated Press
Ben B. Booth continues to ignore facts — the borders are more secure now than ever in our recent history ("Secure borders first," May 5). More individuals have been deported in the previous four years than in the entire Bush administration. Not securing the borders is a political refrain for not wanting to support comprehensive immigration reform. (President Reagan did it.) Our economic security, our social stability and our world moral leadership has been, and is now, based on compassion and logic: They are not founded on ignorance of facts and mouthing of slogans associated with myths.
M. Donald Thomas, Executive Director, Public Education Support Group
Salt Lake City
- From GOP convention to Pokemon Bernie: Last...
- In our opinion: Disgusting algae bloom...
- Michael Gerson: The triumph of cynicism
- My view: Algae blooms in Utah Lake
- My view: Prison reform proponents have it...
- Arthur Cyr: Coup attempt underscores...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Shurtleff,...
- Letter: Carbon fee legislation
- In our opinion: The GOP convention... 32
- My view: Supporting Utah's public... 32
- Letter: Carbon fee legislation 29
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day 24
- Michael Gerson: The triumph of cynicism 23
- My view: More whites should practice... 22
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift... 17
- My view: Algae blooms in Utah Lake 16