The Arizona Republic, Michael Chow) MARICOPA COUNTY OUT; MAGS OUT; NO SALES, Associated Press
Ben B. Booth continues to ignore facts — the borders are more secure now than ever in our recent history ("Secure borders first," May 5). More individuals have been deported in the previous four years than in the entire Bush administration. Not securing the borders is a political refrain for not wanting to support comprehensive immigration reform. (President Reagan did it.) Our economic security, our social stability and our world moral leadership has been, and is now, based on compassion and logic: They are not founded on ignorance of facts and mouthing of slogans associated with myths.
M. Donald Thomas, Executive Director, Public Education Support Group
Salt Lake City
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Dan Liljenquist: Detroit is sending a message...
- George F. Will: President Obama's epiphanies...
- Jay Evensen: Utah inversions — 100...
- In our opinion: Refinery should be allowed to...
- Letter: American billionaires
- Letter: Golden goose
- My view: Ask a veteran about their health care
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 65
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 63
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 44
- Letter: American billionaires 35
- In our opinion: No more 'Government... 33
- Can Mandela's legacy revive the GOP? 32
- My view: Non-discrimination laws have a... 29
- President should not act without... 28