The Arizona Republic, Michael Chow) MARICOPA COUNTY OUT; MAGS OUT; NO SALES, Associated Press
Ben B. Booth continues to ignore facts — the borders are more secure now than ever in our recent history ("Secure borders first," May 5). More individuals have been deported in the previous four years than in the entire Bush administration. Not securing the borders is a political refrain for not wanting to support comprehensive immigration reform. (President Reagan did it.) Our economic security, our social stability and our world moral leadership has been, and is now, based on compassion and logic: They are not founded on ignorance of facts and mouthing of slogans associated with myths.
M. Donald Thomas, Executive Director, Public Education Support Group
Salt Lake City
- Jay Evensen: Ask people in the Third World if...
- My view: Medical marijuana: Google vs. PubMed
- My view: Why so many Americans find Trump and...
- George F. Will: Break the dentists' hold on...
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal benefits of...
- My view: What's behind water funding travesty
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe?
- My view: Does going to pot send the wrong...
- In our opinion: National security and... 79
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe? 39
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 34
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 32
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal... 32
- Letter: Coal and job creation 24
- Rely on invisible hand? 24
- Jay Evensen: Ask people in the Third... 22