The Arizona Republic, Michael Chow) MARICOPA COUNTY OUT; MAGS OUT; NO SALES, Associated Press
Ben B. Booth continues to ignore facts — the borders are more secure now than ever in our recent history ("Secure borders first," May 5). More individuals have been deported in the previous four years than in the entire Bush administration. Not securing the borders is a political refrain for not wanting to support comprehensive immigration reform. (President Reagan did it.) Our economic security, our social stability and our world moral leadership has been, and is now, based on compassion and logic: They are not founded on ignorance of facts and mouthing of slogans associated with myths.
M. Donald Thomas, Executive Director, Public Education Support Group
Salt Lake City
- Who said it: Reagan or Clinton?
- Doug Robinson: Making sense of retired...
- Jay Evensen: Forest Service photo rules are...
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage hurts...
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run for...
- Letter: Sluggish global warming
- Letter: Campaign disservice
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: For my grandpa
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage... 109
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run... 67
- John Hoffmire: Save capitalism by... 47
- In our opinion: Here's how the Obama... 41
- Drew Clark: Either view of marriage... 40
- Letter: Sluggish global warming 35
- Robert Bennett: Make climate... 30
- Letter: Enforcing the dress code 30