Laura Seitz, Deseret News
I would like to thank former representative Jim Hansen for his My View article, "Let's get rid of the caucus system" (May 2). I appreciate that someone of Hansen's status has spoken out and stated things as they really are. I have been actively involved in the caucus system for many years and have served in various capacities — delegate, precinct officer, etc. The system is fraught with problems. I'm in total agreement with Hansen's views on this subject. It's time to give elections back to "we the people" by supporting open primaries.
- John Florez: Lawmakers and the art of punting...
- In our opinion: Obama muses about mandatory...
- Letter: Conservative courage
- Letter: Guide to the EPA
- Letter: Corrupted by money
- Letter: No pay for student-athletes
- Kenlee Hess: Immigrants improve American economy
- A. Scott Anderson: Scientific research,...