Laura Seitz, Deseret News
I would like to thank former representative Jim Hansen for his My View article, "Let's get rid of the caucus system" (May 2). I appreciate that someone of Hansen's status has spoken out and stated things as they really are. I have been actively involved in the caucus system for many years and have served in various capacities — delegate, precinct officer, etc. The system is fraught with problems. I'm in total agreement with Hansen's views on this subject. It's time to give elections back to "we the people" by supporting open primaries.
- Dan Liljenquist: What we learned from the...
- My view: Get insurance out of health care
- In our opinion: Legislators need to better...
- My view: The solution to Utah's water problems
- In our opinion: Why it's important to note...
- My view: 'Death with dignity' and assisted...
- Richard Davis: Do presidents have to be...
- My view: Is the Division of Water Resources...
- Americans are skeptical that government... 58
- Richard Davis: Do presidents have to be... 53
- My view: Get insurance out of health care 44
- My view: Obama's veto won't save Obamacare 33
- In our opinion: Attempting to... 32
- My view: 'Death with dignity' and... 27
- In our opinion: Concerned voters a good... 23
- Trump and Sanders 22