Laura Seitz, Deseret News
I would like to thank former representative Jim Hansen for his My View article, "Let's get rid of the caucus system" (May 2). I appreciate that someone of Hansen's status has spoken out and stated things as they really are. I have been actively involved in the caucus system for many years and have served in various capacities — delegate, precinct officer, etc. The system is fraught with problems. I'm in total agreement with Hansen's views on this subject. It's time to give elections back to "we the people" by supporting open primaries.
- 10 things you never knew about the FBI
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah...
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook for...
- Robert Bennett: Hamas and its financial...
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- Letter: Policy disagreement
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Re-enactment...
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have voted for
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 109
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have... 72
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious... 61
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and... 52
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 46
- My view: Balancing personal conviction... 45
- Letter: Policy disagreement 45
- In our opinion: Use market forces and... 33