Laura Seitz, Deseret News
I would like to thank former representative Jim Hansen for his My View article, "Let's get rid of the caucus system" (May 2). I appreciate that someone of Hansen's status has spoken out and stated things as they really are. I have been actively involved in the caucus system for many years and have served in various capacities — delegate, precinct officer, etc. The system is fraught with problems. I'm in total agreement with Hansen's views on this subject. It's time to give elections back to "we the people" by supporting open primaries.
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the family put...
- Jay Evensen: Should Utah raise its gas tax?...
- My view: Chaffetz named ‘politician of...
- My view: Torture, morality and the laws of war
- Letter: Wood burning an easy target
- Letter: Bring the prison here
- Kathleen Parker: Placing blame for massive...
- Charles Krauthammer: Democrats use... 78
- In our opinion: Police training should... 44
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 42
- In our opinion: Wood burning ban... 37
- Robert Bennett: More political... 36
- Letter: Patriots or serfs? 33
- Paul Mero: Reasonable solution to... 30
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 25