Laura Seitz, Deseret News
I would like to thank former representative Jim Hansen for his My View article, "Let's get rid of the caucus system" (May 2). I appreciate that someone of Hansen's status has spoken out and stated things as they really are. I have been actively involved in the caucus system for many years and have served in various capacities — delegate, precinct officer, etc. The system is fraught with problems. I'm in total agreement with Hansen's views on this subject. It's time to give elections back to "we the people" by supporting open primaries.
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- In our opinion: Fabricated Rolling Stone...
- Letter: Costly benefits
- Drew Clark: After 50 years, Moore's Law...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Long-term...
- In our opinion: Liberal arts vs STEM...
- John Florez: America's strength is its...
- Greg Bell: The problem of being a conservative
- Ralph Hancock: Religious freedom and... 75
- Letter: Wrong wage approach 47
- Letter: No more hungry kids 41
- Kathleen Parker: Hillary Clinton's... 40
- Greg Bell: The problem of being a... 40
- Utah's 'grand bargain' stands in sharp... 34
- Letter: Unemployment compensation 33
- Letter: Intimate caucus system 27