Michael Dwyer, AP
The Boston Marathon bombing should be a wake-up call to this country that the U.S. is vulnerable to terrorist attacks, from local groups or foreign groups, in any area of the country. We can be thankful that our law enforcement agencies are trained and equipped to handle these situations.
We as citizens should be more aware of unexplained actions by persons who leave unattended packages, luggage or backpacks and report these to the local police. The local police realize it only takes one call out of thousands that can create havoc as the Boston bombing. As a citizen I feel that we should be alert 24/7 for suspicious incidents and contact the local authorities.
Salt Lake City
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- My view: Non-discrimination laws have a problem
- President should not act without...
- In our opinion: No more 'Government Motors'
- Richard Davis: Mandela's greatest achievement...
- Doug Robinson: We are in the midst of an era...
- Matthew Sanders: Nelson Mandela's goodness...
- Letter: American billionaires
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 65
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 61
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 43
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not... 39
- Can Mandela's legacy revive the GOP? 30
- In our opinion: No more 'Government... 29
- President should not act without... 26
- My view: Non-discrimination laws have a... 25